Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Question about Brunotti lord of hellfire

forum for kitesurfers

tomtom
Frequent Poster

Question about Brunotti lord of hellfire

Postby tomtom » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:23 pm

I want to buy this board but i want model 2003 because i read that is better than 2002 /better grip/

I want to know where is diiferent bettwen 2003 and 2002 so i certainly recognize 2003.

Also one question probably for Peter Frank. I buy this boad without fins and i weight ca 85 kg. Whitch fin size and shape is best for this board.

Thank you very much

Tom

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Question about Brunotti lord of hellfire

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:53 pm

tomtom wrote:I want to buy this board but i want model 2003 because i read that is better than 2002 /better grip/

I want to know where is diiferent bettwen 2003 and 2002 so i certainly recognize 2003.

Also one question probably for Peter Frank. I buy this boad without fins and i weight ca 85 kg. Whitch fin size and shape is best for this board.

Thank you very much

Tom
The 2003 has no center fin, but rails in the middle (1 inch wide or so, from the edge).
This gives better hold, and you dont need the center fin.
The delivered fins are the standard 2 inch fins, coming with all Brunottis now.
They are designed perfectly for the Sick series, but for the LOHF and Demon Of Darkness I definitely find them too big (because these boards are so narrow, and has another outline), and has changed to 1.5" or 1.75" fins instead - which I prefer.
Now the boards feels right on the water.

But with your weight, you might want to have a go with the standard fins, as I am only 73kg.

The footstraps are crap (IMO), so change these right away to something else, and then you have an awesome board !

The board is still maybe THE fastest twintip, and you can jump soooo high on this one, and really hold some edge.

But it is not a light wind board for you - you have to be powered some...

tomtom
Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:14 pm

thank you very much for quick answer Peter

Tom

ethan
Rare Poster

Postby ethan » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:18 pm

A friend of mine has the 2002 Lord of Helfire. The board is awesome. I can hold down way more kite and go way more up wind on that board then my Underground WT. I always attributed it to the center fin. How is it that the 2003 board without the center fin supposably holds more edge?

The footstraps do suck.

Alf
Frequent Poster

Postby Alf » Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:16 am

It has got a channel on the bottom, and that provides heaps of grip.

Return to “Kitesurfing”