Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

tarifa´s blown out

forum for kitesurfers

tarifa´s blown out

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:53 pm

the fackin levante is now in its second week and its nukin 50mph winds out here.theyve banned kiting at algeciras so we´re all fucked... unless you have a 5 m kite dont come out here.the local tip is it may last another two weeks before the poniente kicks back in.traveled to estepona today and get this it was a fackin flat calm and its only 40 mins away.ok its windy city but this is ridiculous....will someone beam me up..............

firegirl
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Levante

Postby firegirl » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:02 pm

If you're still out there,let us know when it changes.I'm due out there in 10 days

waveskater
Medium Poster

true...true....

Postby waveskater » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:04 pm

Ive got the same problem, because i leave near estepona and were having to light winds , so i went to tarifa some days ago and the wind was blowing about 30-40 knots.poniente were are you ...I miss you .

hawaiikiter
Frequent Poster

Postby hawaiikiter » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:16 pm

why did they ban kiting at algeciras?

had the same thing in march and april. came there, one day of poniente then 3weeks of freakin storming levante then it got pretty ok.

MadMick
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MadMick » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:23 pm

You want wind???

You got wind!!!!!

luketheloony
Medium Poster

Postby luketheloony » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:38 pm

does any1 no what its gonna be like mid september?

Ivo.
Rare Poster

Postby Ivo. » Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:14 pm

hmmm.. life begins at 40 knots!! it's a sentence from columbia river Gorge. But it's for the windsurfers. so.. go windsurfing!!

i just came back from two weeks tarifa, first 10 day's of good kitesurfing with poniente and then two days windsurfing with a 3.6 sail and nuclear winds!! Yeah!! I had a great holiday!

Tip: Go to Canos the mecca, its 60 kilometres towards Cadiz and it's 6 bft.. if it's still to windy, go further to Cadiz or Chipiona!

Cheers..

Ivo.

(or go much further back to Mar Menor (La MANGA) A bigg lake with thermal winds..)

erFreekie
Rare Poster

Postby erFreekie » Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:31 pm

[quote="Ivo."].. if it's still to windy, go further to Cadiz or Chipiona!

[quote]

True that! IT's been great this las few weeks. Poniente hits harder here than in tarifa, most times... ok some times :) and levante slows down to 15 to 30 knots, a little more than half what ever you get in tarifa. We've had 30 to 50 kiters at Rota every day this week and a few others in Costa Ballena, 10 minutes down the road towards Chipiona. Levante straight till we get though the moon this 12 so enjoy!!! :thumb:

KRIS
Medium Poster

Postby KRIS » Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:39 pm

Hi from sunny Gran Canaria. It seems we have the same problem over here. Since 20 June (and non stop so far) we have 40 plus knots, some days we had force 10, and out of the wind channel? Hardly 6 knots. Let´s hope the last 2 weeks of August will go down. Anyway 4 th Sept I am heading to Fortaleza. Cheers.CRIS

Odd Terje
Rare Poster

Postby Odd Terje » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:25 pm

Hello, I`m leaving to Grand Canaria, Bahía Feliz for one week the 15th this month...
I`m 9o kg and my smallest kite is a takoon wook 9,5 m2...
Is it hopeless??? :o :-? :?:

Return to “Kitesurfing”