kite turtorial

forum for kitesurfers

Rasmuskk
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

kite turtorial

Postby Rasmuskk » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:58 pm

Sometimes i take some of my friends out kiteboarding - or at least "kiteflying" - There're not many kitesurfers in my area and it gets lonely sometimes. Thought it might help if i could give them some homework.
Anyone knows of an online kiteturtorial

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:06 pm

There is lots of good content online. Some appears at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kitesurf/ ... EFERENCES/

and more at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ksurfschool/

and even more all over the Internet beyond that ...

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:45 pm

read the infos in the Info folum and in the Safety forum.

And check http://www.kitesurfingschool.org

Greets
Toby

Mosaic
Medium Poster

Postby Mosaic » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:18 am

One of the intro videos - Boost is good, would probably be pretty helpful. Something online would be of minimal value - you really need to see it and visualize it, practice and then see it again. This is one of those sports were learning is really not that much fun, and is very dangerous w/out proper instruction.

I feel your pain - none of my friends ride, and I have tried to teach them only to realize that I do not have the patience or the tolerance to watch my kites get smacked in the surf. I went to a Real Kiteboarding camp for 3 days after trying to teach myself for about 6 months only to ruin several kites, but at least I did not hurt myself, and came back as a self sufficient rider. If they really want to learn, it probably makes sense for them to go somewhere for a couple days to learn and save you the frustration.

Rasmuskk
Medium Poster

Postby Rasmuskk » Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:35 am

Thanks- I'll check out the pages
I feel your pain - none of my friends ride, and I have tried to teach them only to realize that I do not have the patience or the tolerance to watch my kites get smacked in the surf. I went to a Real Kiteboarding camp for 3 days after trying to teach myself for about 6 months only to ruin several kites, but at least I did not hurt myself, and came back as a self sufficient rider. If they really want to learn, it probably makes sense for them to go somewhere for a couple days to learn and save you the frustration.
My own patience is not the problem - I have lots.
At this point I'm just trying to get someone to like the sport - so fare none of my friends are willing to pay anything to get started! - but i can get them to try once in a while. - I just hate being the only one on the water - seems people in my area stay home by their computer!! :cry:
Imagine total flat water around 9m/s and noone even wanting to go out there - strange

Return to “Kitesurfing”