Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

NEW ADVANCE TUBE KITE

forum for kitesurfers

NEW ADVANCE TUBE KITE

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:25 pm

Hi,
http://www.advance-kites.com .....New tubekite, have you more information about this new kite??

Trixter[/img]

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:04 pm

here the infos from the website:

The prototypes of ADVANCE tube kites are beginning to appear all around the different spots of kiteboarding and the riders who already tested them are all delighted ! Robert Graham is actually working with 3 sizes of tube kites and the development is continuing with enthusiasm.
The first series of ADVANCE tube kites should be available at the beginning of '04. The entire ADVANCE KITES team is looking forward to it !

Nick-san
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Nick-san » Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:26 pm

Why would they make a LEI? Are they going for their foil customer base? If so, they would need to turn around and say that they think LEIs are better. Unlikely, they'd do that. Or are they trying to move into the LEI user market? But, as most of us are happy with the progress of our favorite companies, why would we switch to a foil makers LEI? I think I can hear the nail going into the coffin! Anyone remember Windtools...

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:11 pm

Looks just like the Psycho II :wink:

Mike B
Rare Poster

Postby Mike B » Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:21 am

LOL. Boy this is really gonna mess with our polarized minds. Different strokes for different folks. The whole concept separating lei'sfoils is a great tool for marketing. Finally starting to see more company's creating all kinds of kites is awesome. Variety is the spice of life. Have fun and rip it up!

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:14 am

Time will tell... but yep it's full evidence of our sport takin off... :mosh:

not annonymous
Very Frequent Poster

Postby not annonymous » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:16 am

It's a paraglider company. I think maybe what happened is that they built some decent quality Flysurfer-like kitesurfing foils last year and couldn't sell many of them. The foil market is comparatively tiny so now they are trying this.

Jo quit messing around, you know there is not a tube kite around that performs like psycho! (not saying it's better, just different in a very good way).

Trent

Djizasse
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Djizasse » Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:46 pm

Why shouldn't they go for the lei market? There's a much bigger market.

Anyone who knows advance products (at least the kite ones) know they are hi quality.
And if you're following their development you know that this Lei in the picture is the last of a long line of prototypes. And to know that Robert has the permission to only release it when he feels its ready... i personally have big hopes for this LEI. This man has something to say about LEI design and manufacturing.
Looking forward to the day i'll get to try one :thumb:

leo_bassani
Rare Poster

Robert Graham

Postby leo_bassani » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:24 am

I've been paragliding for 5 years, and I know that Advance Paragliders are arguably the most well built and well designed paraglider on the market.

Brand loyalty for Advance, is something pretty special: in the paragliding industry they say that "once Advance, always Advance". I've seen this happening multiple times in real life. Why? A mix of marketing/sales IDEALS, high reliability, overall smoothness/slickness and higher than average re-sale value.

I welcome them entering the LEI market, only hoping for innovation and 20 years of Robert Graham experience in this stuff. NOt to mention that he also designed many successful kites for YOYO.

Leo

theflyingtinman
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Robert Graham

Postby theflyingtinman » Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:05 am

leo_bassani wrote:... in the paragliding industry they say that "once Advance, always Advance"....
...Why? A mix of marketing/sales IDEALS, high reliability, overall smoothness/slickness and higher than average re-sale value. ...
Nah ... it's those 'ears' that sell 'em. :evil: :wink:

Steve T.

Return to “Kitesurfing”