Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Need help with finding right 2-kitequiver (Fuel 03)

Forum for kitesurfers
Mak_Man
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Need help with finding right 2-kitequiver (Fuel 03)

Postby Mak_Man » Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:32 pm

Hello,

Now that most shops are having after-season-sale here in my country, I'm looking for 2 kites for a 2 kite quiver. I tried some kites this year (Rhino, Fuel, BT) and found the fuel to suit my style the best (I've had two Airblasts myself before, but had many problems with them, so they're as good as done for..).

Now the wind here varies most from 3 to 6 Bft. So I think I will buy a 11-17 Slingshot Fuel 03 quiver.

So what do you think on this one?
I know they overlap, but by only a small margin..is that ok?
And will I be able to kite at nearly every windspeed now?
And how is the durabilty on these kites?

Thanks in advance!

No Idea
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby No Idea » Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:53 pm

What do you weigh? Your board size? Your ability?

Big difference between the 17m and 11m IMHO a too big of a gap.

I ride 2003 17m and 13m Fuels for 10 to 25 knots and at 90 kgs this suits me perfectly. Mind you 25 gets a bit hairy. :thumb:

Lorenzo
Rare Poster

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:48 pm

Hello Mak_man,
I had also two Wipika AirBlast last year, and I had also problems with them...
I bougth two SS Fuel 03 kites this year with great satisfaction!!! 17 and 13 are the sizes I have choosen (I'm 78 Kg.) I agree with "No Idea" about the range I can use them: from 10 to 25 Knts.
Please take care about the overlap you are mentioning: you might suffer the opposite problem! a friend of mine in fact has choosen the combination of 17 and 11, and he is suffering the gap in between...
About the windspeed range if you want to ride over 25 knts you should need an extra size (Fuel 9) but I understand this costs...
About the durability of these kites: Hands down from the SS products!!! is there anything stronger on the market?
Have a good time! Ciao, Lorenzo

Return to “Kitesurfing”