Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ram Airs Crash in 2003

forum for kitesurfers

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster

Ram Airs Crash in 2003

Postby Pump me up » Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:05 am

Well, 2003 is almost over.

And one thing has been shown to absolutely true: ram airs ARE aerodynamically inferior compared to inflatables.

At the start of this year, ram lovers PROUDLY boasted how ram airs would dominate competitions in 2003 - it hasn't happened. If anything, the performance gap between ram airs and inflatables has widened.

NO ram airs featured in the top 87 on the PKRA. NO ram airs placed in any SIGNIFICANT competition this year. All the top riders choose to ride inflatables.

The reasons for this are obvious. Ram airs are too slow, turn too slowly, do not boost as high and do not give the hangtime of inflatables. The do not give the precise feedback that inflatables give.

The jury is IN. Ignore the lies. Ram airs are inferior compared to inflatables. Nothing can change this fact.

vaguelyswami
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby vaguelyswami » Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:52 am

Chump me up...

Your a fucking idiot...

Check out the http://www.foils.nl video page. In the new Vodoo vid Armin challenges you to a hang time comp against the psycho.

There is no contest, the psycho out hangs ANY inflato built... ever. No matter the lies, fabrications and propaganda you spread across this forum, these are some amazing kites.

All the top riders were "paid" to ride inflatos this year...end of story.

Bitch!

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: 10 Nemi HP, 15m Flysurfer..
Brand Affiliation: none, formally BEST Marketing Director.

Postby sq225917 » Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:00 am

yawn i cant wait for toby to add in that ignore all posts by poster feature then i wont have to read this regressive shit from some offcie jockey who doesnt even kite.

MadMick
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MadMick » Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:25 am

sq225917 wrote:yawn i cant wait for toby to add in that ignore all posts by poster feature then i wont have to read this regressive shit from some offcie jockey who doesnt even kite.
YOU chose to read PMU post !!

You can chose to IGNORE it!! Its up to you!!

You don't need Toby to protect you, you gutless wonder!!

What on Earth are you talking about???

Fools!! :baby:

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Pump me up » Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:27 pm

vaguelyswami wrote:Chump me up...
Your a fucking idiot...
Check out the http://www.foils.nl video page. In the new Vodoo vid Armin challenges you to a hang time comp against the psycho.
There is no contest, the psycho out hangs ANY inflato built... ever. No matter the lies, fabrications and propaganda you spread across this forum, these are some amazing kites.
All the top riders were "paid" to ride inflatos this year...end of story.
Bitch!
Ram lovers can repeat their lies all they want. They can keep making their ridiculous, outlandish, unsubstantiated claims. The simple facts speak for themselves: NO RAM AIRS HAVE EVER WON A SIGNIFICANT HANGTIME CONTEST. Armin Harich can keep making all the ridiculous claims he wants or he can prove it in a hangtime contest.

Ram air companies "sponsor" riders too. The unpalatable truth is this: Top riders refuse to ride ram air kites because they compromise their performance. If ram airs were at least on par with inflatables, you would see them ridden by the top guys in competitions. You NEVER see it because, at the end of the day, they are vastly inferior in terms of aerodynamic performance.

Carlos_C
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Southend, Lancing, Hunstanton, sea Palling
Gear: Fuels, Speed, Psycho3

Postby Carlos_C » Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:36 pm

Therefore as no rider rode rams ....no comparisons can be made...so how do they crash....what percentage failure....pretty pointless statement really.

Rider not mode of transport....martin vari would probably still be top with a stack of flexi super10's.

Missed you tho' PMU.... :bye:

islandgirl
Medium Poster

Postby islandgirl » Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:16 pm

Boring.........................................................................................................................................................................................Kawawa naman, He just need everybodies attention.
Give a good credit this man why He really likes pestering you guys, relaxs and enjoy reading all the ceremony, makes more sense to me just to think He's nobody.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: 10 Nemi HP, 15m Flysurfer..
Brand Affiliation: none, formally BEST Marketing Director.

Postby sq225917 » Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:23 pm

no we all like him really, we also realise that he just flames them to get them attention as part of some marketing plan. if it was any other way he'd say who he was, but truth is he doesnt even kite and has certainly never tried any ram airs, but just benefits from this reverse promotion of them.

it must be a pretty lonely life sat in front of you pc looking to promote a brand of kite and succeeding but then not being able to take any of the glory. at least those of us who work for a brand get illuminated slightly by that brands success, pmu gets nothing but shit for his efforts....

Freerider
Medium Poster

Postby Freerider » Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:15 pm

Do you read all data pmu? You kinda sound like your life revolves around pointless data. Who cares who wins on what. Do you? Well stupid question really. Perhaps you should take time to chill out and relax. To much time in front of your computer can make you mental as you seem to be. Well happy christmas PMU and a happy new year. It is good to see you still pedalling the same stuff at the end of the year as well as at the beginning. Come and stay with me next year and try a foil you never know you may enjoy yourself and have some fun.

KiteSmurfer
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003

Postby KiteSmurfer » Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:39 am

PMU,

dude your cool - your posts provide great entertainment, as do the replies - keep em coming...

Return to “Kitesurfing”