Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

BEST under TEST

forum for kitesurfers

frez

BEST under TEST

Postby frez » Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:34 am

I've just ordered a board from Best and I'll keep the forum posted on how long it takes to get to me. So far Best have been great with their customer service. Prompt responses to e-mail. Their online customer service has been top notch.

I'm going to stay anonymous for now so that Best don't bump my order up the queue to look good.

I haven't yet seen a review of their boards - does anybody actually have one?

As of today they haven't confirmed when the board is going to ship.

frez

bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Alkita boards
Zeeko foil
GK Trix
Enduro9
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast

Re: BEST under TEST

Postby bragnouff » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:34 am

frez wrote: I'm going to stay anonymous for now so that Best don't bump my order up the queue to look good.

As of today they haven't confirmed when the board is going to ship.
frez
Too bad, you won't be able to add any comment to THIS post if you stay anonymous...
But maybe you'd rather post a new message when they will confirm you the availability of the board, then, an other if you get the Tshirt and the stickers, an other one when it will be shipped, then one when the board will be almost at your place and a last one when you'll get the board, when you'll return the warranty card ... Then lots of them to say how it looks nice and beautiful...
So there is a severe BEST messages forecast on this forum for the following days...
Thanks for your contribution to the best hype ! :wink:

Rossall
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Blackpool and Como.
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras
Waddell
Tarifa
Gear: Follow the Rabbits
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii

Postby Rossall » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:43 am

from what I've heard from their many customers the kites arrive in a prompt manner via FEDEX even on this side of the pond, so don't fret and loose any sleep over it and maybe in the very near future you could even post a review if you are not too paranoid.

frez
Medium Poster

Postby frez » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:14 am

Who gives a toss about the hype?

I'm just going to give the facts as I see 'em. If Best come up with the goods on time and on spec then I'll give them credit for it. If they don't then I'll be the first to call them a bunch of cunts. And I'll suffer for it too since I'll have pissed away a pile of hard earned cash. The point of this post is to share what I learn with others who are thinking about whether ordering Best gear is a good idea. Hopefully they'll be able to make a better choice because of it.

If you've already made your decision without the facts then that's your choice. If you think their business model sucks then that's your choice too. I don't care. If I post good feedback I don't expect the Best bashers to suddenly believe me and this post ain't aimed at them anyway. It's not aimed at wankers who have a 'my brands better than yours' attitude either.

Best will stand or fall on their ability to deliver value, quality goods ON TIME cuz that's all 95% of kiters care about. The other 5% who have axes to grind can fuck off.

A review will follow when I get the board.

frez

macca
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby macca » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:36 am

Frez. Frank views, but I agree totaly with you.

Quality at affordable prices is what most of us want, then we can go and enjoy our selves kiteing instead of typing. What hype :lol:

Cheers.

kite-kid
Medium Poster

Postby kite-kid » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:23 am

Just ordered my new best board last night , emailed the support but they say that they are still 3 to 4 weeks back ordered so they will be avalible in the states then then they have to get across the big blue wet thing to us. i got my statement saying they saying they recived the order and they said the board would be with me soon so we shall see.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1991
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V4, 9/14 Enduro, Zephyr V5, Edge V9 10M Axis 5'7" Kapua, 5'4" New Wave, Patrol 1.48, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" Ride engine carbon elite, rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisBoarding

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:52 am

I ordered 35 kites last Monday and they are in my shop as of midday today, I'm impressed with the service too.
The Yarga 11M and 13.5M look great, more sizes to follow soon, Nemesis all sizes in stock now.
Laid a Yarga over a Nemesis, not a lot of difference in chord to span as I expected. The Yarga is as well made, with the addition of the LE being the same style as Naish Aero 2/X2/X3 - end strut and LE all one piece.
Hope to get to fly a Yarga real soon will post a review.

frez
Medium Poster

Postby frez » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:46 am

It took them a few days and a follow up on the Live Customer Rep chat but I finally got an answer on delivery. The board should be shipping in around 10 days time.

I made two requests prior to this and got no answer mind. There was no shipping info on the order acknowledgment either.

You need to keep the customer informed boys! I had no idea whether the board was shipping next day or in 4 weeks. For a kiteboarder waiting for new gear that's torture!

frez

Foxi
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Foxi » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:37 am

Hi kitepower - are you retailer ? What´s your business model ?
assume you don´t need a 35 kites quiver ..

aloha

Jürgen

kiteboardkorea
Medium Poster

still waiting

Postby kiteboardkorea » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:00 am

............................................................been waiting 2 weeks now and no confirmation of the order shipping date , but the bastards have my MONEY and were very quick to charge my credit card.

best ripoff

Drew

slightly pissed off :evil:

Return to “Kitesurfing”