Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

How to attatch freestyle plates

forum for kitesurfers

martin314316

How to attatch freestyle plates

Postby martin314316 » Tue May 18, 2004 8:11 pm

How should i screw in the cabrinha freestyle plates? I am not managing to screw the given screws in and which position should I choose?

kiter---)
Medium Poster

Postby kiter---) » Wed May 19, 2004 12:49 pm

The big plastic screwheads are too big and when I screw them in they get blocked by the footstrap attatchment.

maybe there is a certain procedure to follow to which I am not familiar. Thanks for the help.

alexrh
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby alexrh » Wed May 19, 2004 1:00 pm

It works but you have to try push the bindings away from the holes. I also use freestyle plates and they are great. Gives you a very good grip.
I used the screws with the black plastic head also.

kiter---)
Medium Poster

Postby kiter---) » Wed May 19, 2004 2:14 pm

Can you tell me which holes you used? I have a cabrinha spoiler 140. The black plastic head in the last bit, gets blocked, and it is physically impossible to scrw it in completely. Maybe with the setting you are using, it is easier to get it in completely.

I think I am putting a thin rubber washer under the metal one.

alexrh
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby alexrh » Wed May 19, 2004 9:05 pm

I forgot to mension that you must use the plastic rings also under the screws. If you dont it will be loose.

kiter---)
Medium Poster

washers

Postby kiter---) » Wed May 19, 2004 9:20 pm

Thanks, I was supplied with screws+metal washers.
It turned out that I had one of the fittings for the screws was a bit slanting so it compromised everything. Now I avoided it,giving the footstraps a slightly wider angle, which seems even better actually.

As regards the washers, i cut out round rubber washers from a bycycle tyre inner tubing, I punched a hole in the centre using a common paper puncher, and i placed them between the footstrap and the metal washer. i think it should be good like that. Thanks a lot.

Return to “Kitesurfing”