Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

TV commercial

forum for kitesurfers

notime

TV commercial

Postby notime » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:51 am

I recently (10 minutes ago) saw an advertisement on television (in Australia) for sunscreen, I will not name the brand for now. It features a girl on the beach, flying a traction kite, and after flying it for a short moment, she was lofted around 15ft in the air. Whalse all this is going on, the girl seems to be rather happy about this dangerous activity.

It seems to me that this is promoting the same dangerous behaviour that some are premoting during kitesurfing and this will lead to bans. This needs to stop, this is exactally the dangerous and destructive behaviour which i have read about magazines somewhat premoting.

I am very upset and I hope that anyone else who has viewed the commercial to back me up on this.

onthebeachallday
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby onthebeachallday » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:36 pm

name the brand it's a publicy displayed add. why not name it? if we don't know what the add is we can't give comment.

what channel, what time?

bondo
Frequent Poster

Postby bondo » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:43 pm

likewise - never seen it. might as well spill the beans on the brand, if its on public telly...

did you recognise the kite? blade, frenzy, no-name?

dutchy
Medium Poster

Postby dutchy » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:08 pm

tip! rip it to DVD and put it on the internet so we can all judge the commercial.

lesbian horse
Very Frequent Poster

Postby lesbian horse » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:35 pm

yeah i've seen it.

Gramps
Rare Poster

Postby Gramps » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:45 am

haha, i also saw the allegded add and, yes in a way it does depict kiteboarders as a generally dangerous breed.

i would rip it but im not a nerd

onthebeachallday
Medium Poster

Postby onthebeachallday » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:53 am

lesbian horse wrote:yeah i've seen it.
thanks... care to bother expanding on that?

assmaster5000
Rare Poster

add

Postby assmaster5000 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:13 am

yeah thats what i thought when i saw it. there is this chick flying this kite with straps/handles and gets lofted right up in the air so this other guy just smiles/laughs at her and puts on some sunscreen.
i didnt think it was so funny after being lofted myself.
this sort of "no idea about kitesurfing" add just gives people the impression that getting lofted is a cool/funny thing.
next time your on the beach there will be some fat bastard on the beach watching you and then you will get lofted and he will just laugh at you while you drop from the sky/brake bones and in need of serious help/medical attention and he will just think your alright and leave you there because he saw some chick on an add do it, and it must be normal and your alright. :evil:

swancvs
Medium Poster

Postby swancvs » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:28 pm

Which product is it advertising?

phatfil
Medium Poster

Postby phatfil » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:01 am

if someone tells me what time/channel it's likely to be on i'll record it with my tv card and put it up for people to see.. i dont record that much commercial tv so haven't come across it yet

Return to “Kitesurfing”