POWERLOCK BAR'S LOOP

forum for kitesurfers

madcowboy
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

POWERLOCK BAR'S LOOP

Postby madcowboy » Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:34 am

As I heard in this forum there are two different loop lenghts (27cm-30cm-is there also longer?).
What is the loop lenght meaning?
Which is best for long arms?
Thank u

tracstarr
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby tracstarr » Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:28 am

i just got my powerlock a few weeks ago with the 27cm (standard) loop. It's my understanding that it's just simple the size of the loop, not sure if it's diameter or length from bottom to top. i don't have mine with me to measure. but then again i could be wrong. i'm 6 foot with pretty long arms and i've found the bar to be fine. but i also haven't had a lot of experience or tried other bars for that matter.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:07 pm

27, 30, and 33.

But they are all too short for me. They are designed for people who don't ride latched. Duh, makes no sense to me. I cut the loop out and sewed in a longer one. Longer ones are coming from Cabrinha, it just takes forever to get stuff from China to us.

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:48 pm

What is the meaning of loop lenght?
is the diameter?cOULDN ANYBODY EXPLAIN TO ME?

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:38 pm

my understanding is the length (27cm/30cm/33cm) is measured from the locked position to the end of the loop where it attaches to your harness hook under full power. That means the loop will be stretched slightly so it is actually in a straight line from the "lock" to the hook...both sides(left and right portions of the loop will be touching each other. I'm 5'10" (sleeve length 32/33) and either the 27 or 30 work fine...if too long you accidentily get hook/locked when powering up

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:55 pm

Anonymous wrote:...if too long you accidentily get hook/locked when powering up
Let it latch, that's the whole idea.

33cm is barrel fitting to loop end. The actual length from bar to loop when latched is 5cm less

Return to “Kitesurfing”