I'm so free to post this post from Dwight as a separate thread.
So the other thread is about what the title says
Quote="Dwight"]Have you guys seen this?
I believe a consumer protection law is in effect in the US that prevents a company from refusing a claim because the stupid card was not sent in.
Here is the Wipika 2003 warranty policy of kites and boards. It is
printed on a card which will be joined to all Wipika products. The manufacturer is serious about adhering to these warranty policies.
The point # 2 is very important. Each dealers' invoice issued for
each product sold has to have at least the five points listed
written on the invoice.
The most important point is the fact that the warranty will be in
effect only if the card fully filled is sent by the customer within 7
days after purchase to Wipika Hong Kong. There will be
no warranty if the customer forgets to send the card.
KITE AND BOARD WARRANTY POLICY
WIPIKA PRODUCTS HAVE 90 DAYS LIMITED WARRANTY OF DEFECT FROM DATE OF PURCHASE UNDER FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS.
1) THE BUYER MUST FILL OUT THE "WARRANTY CARD" PROPERLY IN CAPITAL LETTER AND RETURN IT TO WIPIKA INTERNATIONAL LIMITED WITHIN 7 DAYS AFTER PURCHASING.
2) BUYER MUST KEEP THE "ORIGINAL PURCHASE RECEIPT" SHOWING SHOP NAME, NAME OF PURCHASER, BUYING DATE, NAME OF PRODUCT AND SERIAL NUMBER.
3) THIS WARRANTY COVERS MATERIAL AND MANUFACTURING DEFECTS ONLY. NO CLAIM IS ACCEPTED DUE TO MISUSE, ABUSE, OVER INFLATING *, IMPROPER STORAGE AND OR MISHANDLING.
4) WARRANTY IS VALID FOR THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER AND IS NOT TRANSFERABLE.
5) WIPIKA PRODUCTS ARE FOR LEISURE USAGE. IT WILL NOT BE COVERED IF RENTED OR USED FOR COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES.
6) NO UNAUTHORIZED REPAIR, ALTERATION AND OR MODIFICATION CAN BE MADE ON WIPIKA PRODUCTS.
7) BUYER MUST MAKE SURE THAT IT IS A QUALITY CLAIM AND MUST SHOW DEFECT PLACES USING ONLY STICKY TAPE (NO MARKS ON THE PRODUCT).
PRODUCT MUST BE SENT TO WIPIKA AUTHORIZED DEALER/SHOPS WHERE THE PRODUCT WAS PURCHASED. **
9) THE "CLAIM PRODUCT CARD" MUST BE ATTACHED TOGETHER WITH THE "ORIGINAL PURCHASE RECEIPT" (FULLY FILLED - SEE POINT #2).
10) IF THE CLAIM IS ACCEPTED AND IS REPAIRABLE, WIPIKA WILL REPAIR THE PRODUCT AT NO COST AND RETURN IT TO THE RELATIVE AUTHORIZED DEALER/SHOPS. ***
11) IF THE CLAIM IS ACCEPTED AND IS NON-REPAIRABLE, WIPIKA WILL REPLACE A SIMILAR PRODUCT AT NO COST. ***
12) IF THE PRODUCT IS BEYOND WARRANTY PERIOD, WIPIKA WILL INFORM THE DEALER/SHOP ABOUT THE COST OF REPAIRING AND WILL CHARGE AN INSPECTION FEE AT A MINIMUM OF US$30.00 (EQUIVALENT VALUE IN LOCAL CURRENCY). ***
13) COLOR FADING, COLOR TRANSFER, MINOR FINISHING SCRATCH, MINOR GRAPHIC PRINT DEFECT, MINOR SEWING DEFECT *, NO SERIAL NUMBER, TOO LONG SUN EXPOSURE ARE NOT ACCEPTED AS CLAIM.
14) NORMAL WEAR * AND TEAR * PARTS ARE NOT SUBJECT TO CLAIM.
* FOR KITES ONLY.
** THE FREIGHT MUST BE PREPAID. NO COLLECT SERVICE IS ACCEPTED.
*** COST OF FREIGHT IS TO BE PAID BY THE DEALER/SHOP
WIPIKA INTERNATIONAL LTD.[/quote]