Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

pull-ups

forum for kitesurfers

pull-ups

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:50 pm

I guess pull-ups must be excellent training for kiteboarders to get in shape.

How many do you guys do. What should my goal be to reach before the season starts.

/bob

Tabitha
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Tabitha » Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:00 pm

I find 137 to be the optimal number, any more your arms stretch, any less you can't kite :D
Tabitha

Cal
Frequent Poster

Postby Cal » Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:10 pm

i find 147 or 158 to be a good number, depends on how long since I have been kiting...

Oh hangon, that how many centimeters my boards are... is your board a 137 tab?

maybe thats the secret answer...

shunter
Frequent Poster

Postby shunter » Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:16 pm

nah you have got to go the supper set of 666 pull ups. or for a high intesity power gain go for the one arm monkey men pull downs of at least 76 per arm. to incease the intensity and power gain tie two litre milk bottles filled with water to you feet and stap on a weight belt or be call a big:girl: by ya mates

dont forget the legs.

shane

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:30 pm

very reasonable goals...

I was more thinking of three sets of 12 reps is good, but that was too easy apparently.

If the goal is the sames as the no of cm your board is I am definitely investing in a Stubbie this year...

:-) Bob

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:05 pm

I couldn't do three sets of 12 when i was 21! :cry: but i think your mind is on the right track... pull ups seems to be the perfect training as well as sit ups. running is also good in that it builds your stamina. also any run over ten miles will give you an hour of un interrupted time to meditate about kite surfing :!:

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:35 pm

Pull ups is a good training yes, but not necessary for kitesurfing, where the load is very small, or non-existing.

So if you practice your overall condition and stamina instead, like proposed, it will bring you much more than physical pull ups - which are far away from the load when kiting (not alike at all in fact....).

Blow Me
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Blow Me » Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:11 pm

:!: and remember, smoking lots of cigarettes is a major plus for endurance, and lung capacity.

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:19 pm

Peter_Frank wrote:Pull ups is a good training yes, but not necessary for kitesurfing, where the load is very small, or non-existing.

So if you practice your overall condition and stamina instead, like proposed, it will bring you much more than physical pull ups - which are far away from the load when kiting (not alike at all in fact....).
It depends. If you aspire to two line out of harness moves then then there is clearly a similarity in the musles used. But I would agree stomach musles are most important for training for jumps in IMO.

Try getting some inversion boots and hang upside down from the pull up bar and do sit ups :wink:

Alex

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:32 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Peter_Frank wrote:Pull ups is a good training yes, but not necessary for kitesurfing, where the load is very small, or non-existing.

It depends. If you aspire to two line out of harness moves then then there is clearly a similarity in the musles used. But I would agree stomach musles are most important for training for jumps in IMO.

Try getting some inversion boots and hang upside down from the pull up bar and do sit ups :wink:

Alex
You are very right Alex - but for those few doing 2 line hardcore moves - I am sure they know what to do to be fit for it !

Return to “Kitesurfing”