Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Views on gaastra gxs 14m 2002

forum for kitesurfers

Views on gaastra gxs 14m 2002

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:34 am

Any views on this kite please

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:23 am

I've flown the 14 GXS and can tell you it is a powerful, fast kite with tons of lift. The GXS flies off the front lines but doesn't get to the edge of the window easily when really powered up like other high AR kites. It likes to sit low off the wind and is very active in gusty conditions. Biggest issues with GXS are poor relaunch ability and main bladder valve problems(poor weld around valve). Kite also can fold and drop out of the sky when overpowered. All that said it is a fun kite if you can get it cheap. :thumb:

gaastra

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:24 am

thanks for the view stavros we are talking the 2002 model yea? I have an oportunity to buy brand new very cheap a bit scared :-? received a very poor review from Robin at the kite-surf.com forum :D

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:51 pm

Robin probably never flew one (no offense to Robin intended). The GXS (2002) is an experts kite-lots of power and lift and very difficult to relaunch. I still think it is a fun kite in steady wind but if you are beg-inter kiter don't buy it. Also there were some problems with bladders involving the base weld around the valve but this is covered by Gaastra warranty. :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”