Forum for kitesurfers
Freerider
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kiting Florida (keys)

Postby Freerider » Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:37 pm

Hi guys, I have kited in florida before about a year ago at Hugonaut park, but in Jan 2004 will be heading to miami and then on to the keys and want to kite there. What are the rules for kiting?. I always carry insurance and always use a re-ride system on my kite, but no board leash. Is there anything else i need to know before my trip? All help would be good so i do not get into any trouble or cause problems for locals.

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:00 pm

Thanks for asking! It is good when you are traveling to a new area to ask about local conditions, restrictions, etc.

There is a fair amount of information about SE Florida and Keys kiteboarding under the USA Group at:

phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6858

phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=7272

Have a good trip!

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:58 pm

Ya Freeride...thanks for asking. Them damn locals get crazy about their spots sometimes huh? Wouldn't want to have to go home after getting worked over by one, or worse yet, go home knowing you screwed something up for them. Fly safe. You are welcome in Florida.

Johnny

Freerider
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Freerider » Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:49 am

Thanks guys for your help and hopefully look forward to seeing you soon!

Return to “Kitesurfing”