Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

¿windrange caution/liquid force 12.5?

forum for kitesurfers

¿windrange caution/liquid force 12.5?

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:36 pm

I want to know the real windrange of these kites. Anybodu knows?

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby MissionMan » Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:58 am

The caution is 12 while the Liquid force is 12.5 (no idea why they have different sizes) The webranges are bull, but then again, as soon as you see them, you realise they are only being over-conservative (very over conservative)

The range on these babies is big. I weigh in at around 65-70kg's and I could hold this baby in 25 knots easily (and I'm far from being a pro) and could get going upwind in around 12, maybe less. (didn't get a chance to test the bottom end properly) The day I rode it, I was out after a guy who was 100kg's was pulling big jumps so I expected to be a bit overpowered, but just playing with the strap was enough, and I didn't even have to max depower it.

The kite doesn't have multiple knots to adjust depower which I "thought" was bad, until I realised all the depower you need is available on the depower strap. Its a nice concept and less frustrating than having to come in and adjust the knot attachment points when the wind lifts or drops. I'm hoping all the kites go that way, because the depower straps now have a lot more in them than before.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:41 am

I fly the tension 12.5 in 17-25mph of wind and i weigh about 180lbs...you could prolly fly it in about 15mph if you have a floaty/big board...i left the bar stock and it flys perfect, no bar pressure, turns very fast..killer kite !

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:22 am

Thank's for your answers. I'm gonna buy one now

Return to “Kitesurfing”