Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Good 10m kite? GXR? Fuel?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Good 10m kite? GXR? Fuel?

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:13 pm

I am looking for a 10m kite which feels "just right". What I am after is a stable kite (for waveriding), which works in gusty winds (does not rush into the window like an X2 for example), develops constant power (even in VERY choppy conditions) , with a big windrange (big advantage for riding big waves), and HUGE lift.

Any suggestions?

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:55 pm

I just LOVE my 10m Fuel!! :D

Harald S
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Harald S » Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:19 pm

Seems to me that you should look for a kite with a lower AR than the GXR, which is a high performance, quick flying kite.
I haven`t been out with a Fuel, but I think it`s in the same categori.
Look into Wipika Hydro and Takoon Wook, (and make sure to use a short control-bar.)

:P

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:17 am

I agree with previous poster, GXR 10 is one of the fastest kites you'll fly. G-spot 10 fly's like butter on the other hand and is perfect for waveriding. North Toro II, Airush Flow, Slingshot GTO wouls all be good choices and I'm sure there are more. :thumb:

GTO

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:13 am

I rode a GTO 15 in 20-25 knot gusty winds this winter....very smooth and sweet! We are at 5500 feet here, so the bigger kite is nice. I am buying one for myself to compliment my 12m Fuel.

Keith
Icemonkey Kiteboards

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:36 pm

13m or 15m SlingShot GTO for sure. If you are going to talk high winds, gusty winds, and smooth power all in the same breath, the GTO can and will deliver. Go bigger than 10m though if you go low AR. I have a 15m Fuel and a 15m GTO and find the GTO compliments nicely. When everyone else local is on their 10m kites, I am on the 15m GTO. The reactions you get from fellow kiters when they ask what size you are rigging is kind of funny too as they are used to the power of their higher AR kites. The GTOS are super slick kites for super shit winds.

Johnny

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:39 pm

10 meter 2003 caution kite is the best 2003!! :thumb:

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:03 pm

I have the 17 13 and 9 2003 fuel and love em, plenty of low end but still super fast... I tryed every kite I could get my hands on, but for me, the SS fuel was just right. Easy to use, super stearing and control, perfect compromise between power, AR and speed. So in my mind - go for the 10m fuel. Further more it is the best build kite in 2003 ;o)

MB

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Peter_Frank » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:23 pm

Harald S wrote:Seems to me that you should look for a kite with a lower AR than the GXR, which is a high performance, quick flying kite.
I haven`t been out with a Fuel, but I think it`s in the same categori.
Look into Wipika Hydro and Takoon Wook, (and make sure to use a short control-bar.)

:P
I can only agree, the Wipika Hydro+ or Takoon Wook would be ideal.

Franz Olry uses the Wook instead of the Skoop2, for waves, for the reasons mentioned here (fast turning, but not speeding through the window too fast, acceptable high but not too high AR, and huge windrange).

Return to “Kitesurfing”