Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

AMPs vs. Fuels

forum for kitesurfers

AMPs vs. Fuels

Postby Guest » Tue May 06, 2003 9:08 pm

Looking to upgrade from some medium aspect kites to something more performance oriented (higher jumps, longer hangtime, better upwind, etc). Narrowed it down and looking for some advice between the 2003 AMPs and Fuels. Which has a higher AR, which is more user friendly, any feedback on either - positive or negative? I don't want to go too high AR, as some riding is done in the waves and choppy conditions. Thanks in advance. Open to other suggestions.

dykehopper
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby dykehopper » Tue May 06, 2003 10:30 pm

At the moment, I ride a toro, but also want a faster kite.
I don't know much about the wipika, but heard alot of good things about the Fuel. They are fast AND stable and you can make it slower by changing the attachement points. It is also better in relaunch because the AR isn't as high as some other high ar kites.

The Toro 2 has a higher AR than the Fuel, but is also very stable and fun, at least, that's what I heard.

I'm still saving some more money and then I'll make the decision:
buying the Toro 2 or Fuel ! :dance:

Sake
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Sake » Tue May 06, 2003 10:49 pm

Can't go wrong with either I guess. At least both are great and won't disappoint you.

Try to fly one. Best way to find the last minimal differences and decide on what you like.

The AMP has got a lot to go for also looking at what your preferences are and got some raving reviews from tests and userexperiences.

Return to “Kitesurfing”