Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Damaged Bladder Advice

forum for kitesurfers

Damaged Bladder Advice

Postby Guest » Fri May 09, 2003 7:33 am

Lead edge bladder has palm sized weak spot where it pooched out through rip in seam. Now the seam is repaired but weak spot in bladder remains. Should I put a patch on the weak spot to keep it from failing? Otherwise, is there something else I should do? Thanks for your help.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1991
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V4, 9/14 Enduro, Zephyr V5, Edge V9 10M Axis 5'7" Kapua, 5'4" New Wave, Patrol 1.48, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" Ride engine carbon elite, rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisBoarding

Re: Damaged Bladder Advice

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Fri May 09, 2003 7:50 am

[quote="Anonymous"]Lead edge bladder has palm sized weak spot where it pooched out through rip in seam. Now the seam is repaired but weak spot in bladder remains. Should I put a patch on the weak spot to keep it from failing? Otherwise, is there something else I should do? Thanks for your help.[/quote]

Nah, just use plenty of talc when you insert it, and pump it up slower, checking that area for a pressure spot. This is quite a common thing for the bladder to stretch but not burst from a LE tear, and there are a lot of kites around here with ugly internal bulging bladders that are still going fine, months and years after the repair.

ikiteboardingdotcom
Rare Poster

Postby ikiteboardingdotcom » Fri May 09, 2003 10:43 am

A similar thing happened to me a week or two ago. It's so easy to fix - you can do it with a magazine and a iron.

For an article and step by step guide on how to do this, go to: http://www.ikiteboarding.com/article_detail.aspx?id=72

Return to “Kitesurfing”