Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

New Forum Posting Policy !!!

Postby Toby » Sun May 04, 2003 9:51 pm

due to more and more posting with useless content, I changed the policy for posting.
This froum has so many registered and unregistered users who are happy that this site exists and they are getting a lot of help from other users.

Unfortunately some user think they are coolin posting something, the world is not waiting for. Also flamming and bashing showed up in here, which is really sad since I understand any kitesurfer as being part of the community, whatever you ride, style, clothes, tricks, etc.
So if you are flamming someone, you might flame on someone who could save your life the other day.....

To avoid postings in the future which content no one is interested in, I changed the posting policy for the kitesurfing forum.
Now a guest can post not registered to ask any questions they have, but replies are only possible being logged in.

The forum will have some postings less now, but at least we are talking about quality postings again, and that is what this forum stands for!

I'm pretty sure that all of you agree on this new policy for the ones who care.
And if you are not, go and flame another forum!

Enjoy
Toby
Last edited by Toby on Mon May 12, 2003 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Sun May 04, 2003 9:57 pm

but for the ones who love to post anonymous, I could do a "guest" group!

pls comment, if this is needed or not.... (you have to be registered to reply.....)

Toby

Alf
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Alf » Sun May 04, 2003 10:58 pm

Toby, I am really happy you did this. I was already afraid that kiteforum would go the same route as the kitesurf yahoo group & the dutch kitesurf.nl groups. Lets hope that this measure can prevent kiteforum from suffering from its succes :thumb:

kitesuffer
Frequent Poster

Postby kitesuffer » Sun May 04, 2003 11:47 pm

Bravo Toby,
Finally the flamers have brought down their own house of cards. You might have stuck with the existing policy and hoped the nevely wore off for these people but I think your solution is better. I hope it makes your life easier too

AdventureAntigua.com
Medium Poster

Postby AdventureAntigua.com » Mon May 05, 2003 12:56 am

toby, i registered long ago as kiteanitgua.com and couldn't remember my password so just kept posting as a guest with the name "kite antigua.com"
anyway now i have to sign in as a member so i try to retrieve my password. ITS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they say the user doesn't exist, sooooo i try to register with kiteantigua.com as a new user. It all goes through and shows up as the newest member. then i try to sign in and it says once again user doesn't exist!
anyway i will use this name which was my original back in oct 2001. eli

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1991
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V4, 9/14 Enduro, Zephyr V5, Edge V9 10M Axis 5'7" Kapua, 5'4" New Wave, Patrol 1.48, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" Ride engine carbon elite, rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisBoarding

Re: New Forum Posting Policy !!!

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Mon May 05, 2003 1:57 am

[quote="Toby"]due to more and more posting with useless content, I changed the policy for posting.
This froum has so many registered and unregistered users who are happy that this site exists and they are getting a lot of help from other users.

Unfortunately some user think they are coolin posting something, the world is not waiting for. Also flamming and bashing showed up in here, which is really sad since I understand any kitesurfer as being part of the community, whatever you ride, style, clothes, tricks, etc.
So if you are flamming someone, you might flame on someone who could save your life the other day.....

To avoid postings in the future which content no one is interested in, I changed the posting policy for the kitesurfing forum.
Now a guest can post not registered to ask any questions they have, but replies are only possible being logged in.

The forum will have some postings less now, but at least we are talking about quality postings again, and that is what this forum stands for!

I'm pretty sure that all of you agree on this new policy for the ones who care.
And if you are not, go and flame another forum!

Enjoy
Toby[/quote]

Thanks Toby for posting that I am not PMU, and thanks also for changing the posting rules, I think it will be for the better.
I will remain a member of the group now, but as of last night I was out of here!
I have never seen as much bickering and personal slagging as on windsurf and kiteboarding groups, especially kiteboarding. IT is a very good point that Toby makes that the person you are flaming may one day be your rescuer!
I wonder if I have already rescued some of the kooks making the sly personal insult posts, but I would still not leave them out in the middle of Botany Bay.

kitesurfbali
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Sanur , Bali, Indonesia
Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
Lakey Peak, Sumbawa, Indonesia
Favorite Beaches: Too many....
Style: Waves shredder
Gear: Ozone, Airush, F-One, Peter Lynn - Kites
Airush, Underground, Surf X-treme custom - boards
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn, Ozone, Airush, Underground, F-One, Surf X-treme custom

Postby kitesurfbali » Mon May 05, 2003 3:11 am

About time!
Well done Toby!
Ciao Jankie

Nico
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: private kitebeach on my doorstep,
Le Morne.
Style: wave
Gear: Drifter kites, wave boards
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, naish

Postby Nico » Mon May 05, 2003 3:14 am

Good idea,
hope this will entice more people to register, if not you may end up with no new point of views.
Nico

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Mon May 05, 2003 5:59 am

Ok by me

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Mon May 05, 2003 7:21 am

I'm very glad you guys are ok with it.
This decision was not easy but I got more and more mails and pm's to stop these crazy guest postings.

For sure it will make my life easier and bring back the quality it is know for.

Regarding logins and passwords (Eli):
if you have forgotten your old password you should be able to retrieve it
by having it sent to your e-mail address you once registered with.
If you have prblems with that, let me know and I can reset it and give you a new password so you can still use your original username.

Greets
Toby

Return to “Kitesurfing”