All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Zeeko Notus XLW 21m Review
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:16 am 
Rare Poster

The volume of the LE is about the same as for the core 19m, the difference is the valve. Whereas the core has the speed valve the Notus still has 'standard' valve for inflation. My guestimate would be that you can add 15-20% of the time it would take you to inflate the core due to the higher resistance.

It is easy to self lauch by hooking the chicken loop onto your car, dog screw or whatever. I did this. Self landing as usual(for me) takes some technique like with every kite, i would say compared to other kites this is not much different, in fact it gives you some more time by being slower than a smaller kite.

P.S. Left one thing out in the review: I gave my skimboard to a guy with a 12m Switchblade at the beginning of the session. He never made it to the planing, never even got up on the board. Thought i should mention this. It looked like he had trouble keeping his kite in the air. Not a pro, but still :-?

Hope that helps :bye:

/bjorn

Last edited by Zerblatskij on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:44 pm 
Frequent Poster

If pumping up a kite is your issue, then you can get an electric pump and top it off with a hand pump.

I used a compressor at a kite shop. Luckily there wasn't a line behind me because nobody had anything that could fly that day. I've still been waiting for a day when I knew the winds wouldn't climb into the teens at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:20 am 
Frequent Poster

It seems the 21 is not in production now?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:07 am 
Rare Poster

The last thing i heard last week was that the XLW's are due to be released late this spring. You can subscribe to their newsletter here: www.zeeko-kites.com.

Water temperature here in sweden is now 6'C so it's time to brush the dust off the wetsuit and switch from icehockey to kitesurfing. I love the season overlap when you can do both on the same day :eybrowe:

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2