lordfak
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Is there much difference in the upwind of Best Yarga v Nemi

Postby lordfak » Sat May 08, 2004 8:08 pm

Hi,
Sorry, its another Best post.

Considering the prchase of a full quiver.
Probably Yarga 16.5, 11 & 7.

Just have some reservations as to whether Nemesis would be better for the bigger kite(s).

Two considerations:
a) is there really much difference in the upwind performance ?

b) I currently airblasts with bridles, so not used to much bar pressure. Is there much difference in bar pressure between the Yarga & Nemesis?

Thanks

Dave

Dax
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dax » Sat May 08, 2004 8:52 pm

Yes, though both go upwind great. I would say the Nemesis lets you ride faster to generate more apparent wind, you can apply a light edge and fly upwind. Whereas the Yarga gets the job done through grunt and a heavier edge. You go slower on the Yarga, but you still go upwind.

Also since the Yarga sits back in the window further, gusts tend to pull downwind a little more.

The Nemesis has a lot less rear line pressure, so if you like that feel, I would go for it.

They both have their place and a lot of it has to do with riding conditions and taste. I like the Yarga more in heavy chop and waves, and the Nemesis more in flat water. Nemesis well powered in flat water lets you ride super fast with a ton of control. Feels great! But in heavy chop and swells it can be tough to find a comfortable pace. Yarga lets you grind it out real slow, so you can keep your edge in big chop.

I would say if you've flown high AR in the past and liked it, you will really like the Nemesis. If you are looking for more grunt, give the Yarga a try. :thumb:

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Sun May 09, 2004 1:03 pm

i prefer the yarga for the rough stuff as you can slow down and plough through. but i prefer the nemeis in waves, if its flat then i'lll ride whichever falls out of the car first.

Return to “Reviews”