Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
ferrarista
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby ferrarista » Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:13 pm

mouleman wrote:I have ride today again with the board
u are right I would be better with a 130 but I got the 124 for 150 euros......so.....
no I don't really like the finish
this kind of finish as disapeared in France
I prefer the style of f one 's boards
It's a little bit difficult to come back to the wind with this board for me
except this it's ok
a+
well then if you are getting it for that cheap, go for it. remember this board with your weight will not be that good in light wind so it's more of a high wind board.

also the f-ones boards are double the price of the best boards and are made in carbon fibre with wood core. I like the finish of the board even though it doesn't have a tiger or something else on it like the f-one.

If you cant come back to the wind ( going upwind), blame it on yourself and not the board. it's all about technique and in what condition your using it.

Dax
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dax » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:07 pm

Shannon is in town for the Gorge Games, he let me try his 130. I am 75kg and ride a 132 Slingshot SX. The board rode super smooth and hooked upwind like a champ. I think I might have to get me one. :)

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:22 pm

Hi ferrarista
you confort my opinion to keep this board when u say that I musn't blame the board if I can't come upwind
I hope that it's because of my little level and that it will be better with the board when I will improve
it's right that although I have to walk for the moment to come back from where I left, I enjoy riding with this board
a+

ferrarista
Frequent Poster

Postby ferrarista » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:07 am

Anonymous wrote:Hi ferrarista
you confort my opinion to keep this board when u say that I musn't blame the board if I can't come upwind
I hope that it's because of my little level and that it will be better with the board when I will improve
it's right that although I have to walk for the moment to come back from where I left, I enjoy riding with this board
a+
Hi . your level is gonna improve the more you kite. I would keep the best board because it is a good board. It was the same for me at the beginning, but I was on a shitty board and I still was able to go upwind with enough practice. when you learn on a shitty board, any better board is a delight and easy after that.

as my cousin put it, the board goes upwind like a rocket, amazing pop and holds an edge like crazy.

I'm also gonna get a 124 best pro , but I weigh 67kg. this board will fit me nice.

so it all depends in what condition you kite and which kite your using,etc..if your in low wind with a small board and not a big enough kite to pull you , of course you gonna have problems.

mariozix
Medium Poster

Postby mariozix » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:34 am

mouleman wrote:I have ride today again with the board
u are right I would be better with a 130 but I got the 124 for 150 euros......so.....
no I don't really like the finish
this kind of finish as disapeared in France
I prefer the style of f one 's boards
It's a little bit difficult to come back to the wind with this board for me
except this it's ok
a+

Hello, if you ever want to get rid of this balsa best board 124, please fell free to e-mail me :bye:
Thanks

kiteswami
Rare Poster

Postby kiteswami » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:05 am

Hey punchy,

Where is this spot that you talk about? Safety Bay??

Return to “Reviews”