r05 test

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

r05 test

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:06 pm

:o

http://www.kitesurfing-kiel.de/kites/rh5/

One year passed and finally is the new Rhino05 on the market to be had. One can be strained whether it created North also this year again to sketch a genuine scoop like last year the Rhino04. Last year was the North Rhino04 due to the sum of its characteristics of one the best Kites on the market and innovations offered, which helped the kit haven. To all negative voices to the defiance, which prevail at present in some InterNet forums against Northkites due to material problems of some Rhino04, I would like also this year again a test report over the new Rhino05 to write. First impressions: When unpacking the new Rhino05 first no substantial change is noticeable. Only the back bag is no longer blue/grey, but black/grey. In addition largely the indication of the 5.Elements is imprinted. Which means that the Rhino05 is to be flown only with the 5.Element. At first sight no large differences to the Rhino04 are to be recognized when spreading the Kites. The courses are cut however different and the aspect ratio of the kite are smaller, thus the "Aspect Ratio" smaller. The cloth consists partially again of the sturdy "snake skin" material. When exact looking further changes are then noticeable. Like that the "sail slat" is curved no more at the tips, but straight. The 1. Transverse tube exhibits however still the s-impact, which stabilizes the kite at higher speeds e.g. with kit loops. In the range of the sail slats again reinforcement are present, which prevent a chafing through of the sail slat forward. To the "leading edge" there are only two luftventile. One in the center and one at the exterior. Thereby rolling up from a side is to be made possible to the other one. Remarkable changes are the wide reinforcement the "leading edge" in the middle segments. The middle segments are wide underlaid and three-way sewn. The front tube makes a thinner impression. In the direct comparison to the Rhino04 the difference of the tube diameter is with the 12.0er approx. 1-2cm. With the larger screens the difference is to fail however more clearly. Inge velvet works the Rhino05 like a strongly further developed Rhino04. The difference of the new one to the old person is not as serious in the appearance as from the Rhino02 to the Rhino04. Practice impressions: After developing, attachment of the 5.Elements (the Vorleine specific to the Rhino05 12,0 is attached, preset already and does not need not to be trimmed) and starting stands the Rhino05 just as stably in the sky as its predecessor. Provocative flying underneath is not possible nearly, since the Kite tilts to the rear and flies backwards. Which is noticeable directly positively is that those has bar in contrast to the Rhino04 something play and not each small guidance instruction directly by the kite is converted. One overcomes "the play" of the steering bar goes it then however powerfully to the thing. The Kite turns immediately on the place and follows very exactly the control instructions. The Kite is just as fast as the Rhino04 and can just as precisely be steered. If one releases the steering bar with driving, the screen stands stably in the adjusted height. The retaining forces that bar are somewhat more highly, the guidance forces however minimally. Area of application and "height stops": According to my opinion the area of application of the Rhino05 became larger clearly, since the kite loose-goes in the lower wind range more pressure developed and thus in former times. With the first test in St.Peter Ording I flew the Rhino05 12.0qm with properly pressure as other Kiter with 14.0-16.0qm screens on the way was. Height stops and/or was in the lower wind range no problem wins. Downward, one can increase the area of application again clearly by mounting that front linen on the rear starting point. The Kite goes noticeably in former times loosely. Also within the upper wind range the Rhino05 is to be flown very pleasantly and the large Depowerbereich of the Rhino04 remained received. With "positive pressure" I did not fly or better did not say the Kite correctly so far I had so far the feeling with the Kite at the limit to have been. Which is noticeable with very gusty wind (Meldorf SSW wind) is, how the kite works. Past Kites steered the pressure via the depth of the "U", the "leading edge". With the Rhino05 now the 5.Element fixes the front tube. A change of radius is no longer possible thereby. With gusts one sees like the Achterliek opens, completely similarly as with a Surfsegel ("twist"). The Kite is very good so also with gusty wind to fly. With the new Rhino05 leave themselves many cheat more simply to convert, since one does not tear the screen so easily. Here the "positive" play of the steering bar becomes apparent. I had also the feeling that particularly with "transit ion" the Kite keeps one constant over water surface and so still more turns is possible. Slope time and jump height: The slope time and jump height of the Kite improved to the predecessor model again noticeably. During the flight phase is very simple the screen to control. With the Rhino04, particularly in the smaller sizes, one was pulled upward with jumps brachial, but it went, as soon as one relented the bar also only little, just as fast again downward. With the Rhino05 the flight phase is clearly longer, one has substantially more time e.g. after board-off-cheats the board again at feet to set and completely relaxed land. Here one feels reminded of the Rhino02. According to data of North the improved slope time is reached by a deeper profile. Since however actually deeper Pofile accompanies with a worse Depowereigenschaft (Rhino02), the Depowereigenschaft must be achieved by other means. Here the 5.Element is used. By the attachment of the 5.Elements further "in front" to the "leading edge" of the Kite, the kite can be further depowert. Thereby the Kite makes a long slope time possible (Rhino02) combined with large Depowerweg (Rhino04). Ability of kind of landing on water: A giant plus of the Rhino05 is the ability of kind of landing on water by 5. Element. As I swore, when I swam several times with the Rhino04 the whole beach along, because I did not get the Kite again started. With the Rhino05 that is no more problem. If the screen with the front tube lies on the water surface, one sets first in peace the board to the feet, pulls themselves then on the 5.Element, which turns Kite slowly on the backs and during the kites turns, draws one on that bar and the Kite moves in the wind window and starts. So simply the Kitestarten from the water can be! Safetyfunktion: The Safetyfunktion is likewise solved over the 5.Element. If one loses the steering bar e.g. with the action passport or after a fall, she slips to the Safetyleine (5.Element) up to the stop knot (approx. 3m) highly. The screen falls slowly and puts frequently directly on a side. Now one knows the steering bar with the help of the 5. Line again consult and the screen again start. So briefly before the summary still the question, which the fun costs. The Rhino05 12,0 costs 1059?. It is thus 60? more expensively than its predecessor. In addition one must buy this year the pump specially. The Orginal North pump costs 35.90 with metal handle and manometer?. Does one count now still the additional expenses of 100? for the 5. Element bar in contrast to the North Scepter bar (229?) in addition, it is to be flown thus nevertheless a little more exclusively a North Rhino05. Summary: According to my opinion the Rhino05 is a worthy and again improved successor of the already very good Rhino04. The Rhino05 sees to the Rhino04 very similar, but by the use 5. Element is it possible the Kites still more power to lend combined with sufficiently Depower. With the change from the Rhino02 to the Rhino04 the difference was to be seen immediately, with the Rhino05 notices one it only with flies. North has it also this year again once reaches a Kite on the market to bring new yardsticks sets, at which the competition must to be measured be able. Also this mark has it the North designer Ken Winner created the Rhino05 in such a way to sketch that it considers to the level and the requirements of the kit haven. As the Rhino02 were high jumps were developed and "NO-foots" in. The Rhino04 had then been sketched for kit loops and action passport. Now are difficult of air passport, extreme kit loops and Wellenabreiten announced and exactly these requirements become the Rhino05 with its agility, its accurate control, its stability at jumps as well as the good slope time fairly. The Rhino04 was because of its bad ability of kind of landing on water a screen for the advanced Kiter. The Rhino05 is to be flown owing to the 5.Elements and its Relaunch very simple thereby also for the Kiter without problems, progressed less. In a forum contribution I read the fact that the Rhino05 combines the slope time of the Rhino02 with the Depowereigenschaft of the Rhino04 and with a large area of application connects so optimal jump and Flugeingenschaften and this result can I only attach. Greeting from Kiel Dr. Christof nickel

Dax
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dax » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:15 pm

Now that's a paragraph! :thumb:

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:19 pm

Dax you're crakin me up recently, keep it up
:lol:

Wawando
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Portugal - Guincho; Rebel2012 5m, 9m & 2011 7m; Amundson 5'9&6'

Postby Wawando » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:19 pm

That article translated with Altavista babelfish translation tool was much more readable than this...

blondin
Medium Poster

Postby blondin » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:23 pm

8)

wawadoo translate this reviews ... :party1: i will await

Wawando
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Wawando » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:13 pm

Here is a link to the translation. It is a little more readable (not any better, just a little more readable)...
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfis ... F&lp=de_en

blondin
Medium Poster

Postby blondin » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:28 am

and u ?

you agree( :o ) with this reviews .... :?:

wawandoo

couldn't your wife film you on water with your r05 12? how that one could see the r05 in action! lift, speed or with one of your friends who would sail with your r04 12
that would be easy to compare both .... :thumb:

Wawando
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Wawando » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:51 am

Hi,

I didn't have R02. Gave it a try once for a little on a 14m only to constate that it pulled too hard and went for SkoopII.
I have placed some feedback of the r05 12m here in a post called R05 (phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2308128) or something & a couple of comments in the picture gallery.
I will give more feedback when i have the time and the kites (my r05 12m went for replacement because it auto-steered to the left).
They (12m & 16m) should be shipped from Germany today... i hope!

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:09 am

thk u
"my r05 12m went for replacement because it auto-steered to the left)".
I will wait until the first series passed ...

u buy with todo ?

Wawando
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Wawando » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:16 pm

Yup, i buy from kiteproshop. How can you wait??? I can't! :thumb: And it won't warrant that you have no problems...

Return to “Reviews”