All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hana Crew, xcaliber, best board out there for big guys
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 9:11 pm 
:D

Wanted to let all you big guys out there know about HanaCrew. At 6'5" and 250 lbs, to say the least I do not fall in the normal kiteboarder category and there is not many boards that work for me.

I have been looking for an alternative to my current board for a long time, I had seen the HanaCrews ad in kiteboarding magazines, did a little research on the web and talked to people who already had a board, every body had very good things to say. I called up HanaCrew to see what it was all about and talked to Dimitri Maramenides. He is the guy who does all the crazy air stunts you see in the magazines.

After a long talk about the boards Dimitri came up with the board best suited for my weight and hight the board is 4'7" long and 19" wide. Custom built for me, but at the same price as their regular boards in their line up.

The first think I noticed when I got me HC was how light the board was, when compare to my litewave 179. Also a perfect finish top and bottom and then on top of that those Volvo like bumper rails.

The board will get you going like nothing out there and it will not stop. it tracks upwind like it is on rails and it has that undescribable flow to it in the chop.

All I can say is I know now what that HC feeling is all about, they are talking about. Try one and you will never go back. The only regret I have about my HC is I should have got it long time ago.

Check out their web site http://www.hanacrew.com or
http://www.x-tremekiteboarding.com

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 12:44 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I can only say that I love mine too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 10:03 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Location: Germany, flying GK Sonic 11+8, riding F-One Sk8 35 / Trax 39, Spleene Door 42
Can't wait to go out on mine... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 12:42 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

did anyone try the new superwide D2 already ?

I think their webside is short of detailed pics of their boards/technology e.g. rails etc. - can anyone post details here ?

thanks ! :thumb:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 6:18 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

good post and company :thumb:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 7:58 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

All the Hanacrew range is available in the UK at http://www.RossallBeach.com

The boards are made of blown ABS for the rails, ABS top and bottom sheets with balsa core, most of the boards weigh in at about 1.8 kg naked and are bullet proof. Our demo boards in the UK get a major thrashing and just keep going, top brand, top designes and top manafuring process.

if you need any info drop me a line to rossallpr@yahoo.co.uk

phil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 8:11 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

So your custom HC is roughly 140X50, and has a subtle concave like the production boards?

The few guys around here with HCs are very happy with the performance and the straight foward uncomplicated appearing hull is very light.

The board I built for my weight, 235lb/106kg is 143X50, so pretty close to yours. I'm still amazed how well short/wide/concave works for a heavy rider.

The other day I was out in 10mph gusting to 23mph and the board worked great through out the entire range and going upwind and holding gusts was no problem.

My rails are beveled to 45 degrees and the board works pretty good without fins. Have you tried without fins? Curious how the square rails work on the HC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 9:32 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Do the footstrap attatchments have metal inserts or plastic/resin?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 6:51 am 
Very Frequent Poster

The Hanacrew inserts are molded plates into the inner structure of the board then you attach steel inserts to attach the footstraps, very clever as you do not have to screw the straps down too hard thus the straps still have some rotation in them are make for a very positive foot to board connection.Product Details

pics here.

http://www.x-tremekiteboarding.com/imag ... hoto34.jpg

The inserts are greatly improved and in all the boards we have sold in the UK I have had ZERO problems, now thats rare for a kiteboard !!!!!!!

phil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:35 pm 
Medium Poster

I liked my Stealth and Xcaliber quite a lot. However, the Xcaliber wasn't big enough for me (225lbs). I switched my Xcaliber for a Naish TTPro 134 and was really happy with upgrade. If they had the D2 at the time I probably would have gone that route, but my Naish fits the bill nicely, though it is probably a little heavier and tends to have gel coat that chips.

[ 10 posts ]