Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Exploding North R4's????

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
raill
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Exploding North R4's????

Postby raill » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:31 pm

I am looking for a 12m2 kite to buy. In my search I came across this guy saying that the Rhino4 kite is by far the best kite he has ever tried, but....
Then he said that many of his friends had found that after they crashed the kite in the water, the entire tube came appart (more or less). Not meaning the rubbertube but the "sock" itself!
Ant views on this comment??

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:58 am

i dont know about the 2004 ones but the 2003 ones were built like crap. i have seen at least 5 of them rip through the LE and right down the center. I love the way they fly but i wouln't pay that much for a kite that could posibly rip like that under normal circumstances.

kelviniti
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kelviniti » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:36 am

I'v had a rhino 4- 12 since December 03 wich I ride quite often , has taken a few beatings and is in very good condition. It is my favorit kite up until now.

by :bye: :thumb:

Wawando
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Portugal - Guincho; Rebel2012 5m, 9m & 2011 7m; Amundson 5'9&6'

Postby Wawando » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:56 pm

Hi,

I say the same. R04 12m for 7 months. It took all the beating it could have. always 5-6psi in the LE. No problems. Amazing kite!

Sturgis1

Postby Sturgis1 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:56 pm

It happens, I had mine for 7 months and while laying on it's back it parted right at the first segmented edge fron the center. Other than that it is great kite. If you notice the newer rhinos they have an extra row of stiching along the center segments. Obviously North knows there is a problem. You ask anyone with some experience with North kites and they will all tell you this can happen when ever the kite opens up. Maybe the fifth element may help. Do not expect any help from North Customer Service.

Lolo
Frequent Poster

Postby Lolo » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:00 pm

My Rhino 2 14 exploded last week. Ok ok ok, I had kind of an accident and probably the kite received heavy structural hits falling badly on the dune. It was a danger situation and I pulled the safety release, rolling on the beach, but still the front tube exploded close to the second left bladder. I still think it is a great kite, but it seems to be a bit fragile.

Vincent

Postby Vincent » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:45 am

Its true. I was looking at buying a Rhino 4, but a friend of mine had the stitching on the leading edge ripped open while pumping it up. Therefore i was on this site again, checking the reviews.
Looking at Naish and Cabrinha now.
Vincent.

Lolo
Frequent Poster

Postby Lolo » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:08 pm

Hey guys I can not believe that, listen here.
After my accident I gave my kite to repair it in a shop. Now, it is ONE month that we ordered the front tube to North here in Germany to substitute the exploded one. And it is ONE month that we still wait.

Tell me, what the f**k are they doing down there at North?!?! The tube is sickly expensive and I have to wait more then one month as well?!?!?! What is that, are they completely freaking out or what?

This is a message for you North Manager: sit down, take a rest and think about my situation. My kite exploded, ok my fault, I had to spend a lot of money to repair it, ok my fault, and now I have to give you a lot of money for a big condom to use in my kite. Ok I also accept it, let's say you have to go to china, deal with them to have an "honest prioce" and so on. Now, do you think that waiting one month to get it is accetable?

I was thinking to buy a Vegas............

Return to “Reviews”