- Ease of inflating/deflating Filling the struts is a piece of cake. After inflating, just by turning the strut (valve pointing downwards - no pinching needed), it will block the air and you can use both hands to secure the valve. Works 100% all the time.
To deflate the struts, just pinch a bit the valves and voila, that's all you need for the air to be released.
- Wind range For a 75 kg rider and a 142x37cm board - 12 to 18 knots without opening the zippers (didn't have the chance to open them yet).
- Turning speed Very responsive for a 16mt kite
- Bar Excellent ergonomics and safety. It comes with a built-in wichard quick release.
The shape of the section of the bar enables a minimum grabbing effort and has a very comfortable feeling.
It has a "leashless" emergency BIG handle above the bar. It releases 3 lines upon pull. The lasting line is secured to the wichard QR through the chicken loop cord. It's a bit messy to reassemble it.
- Gust absorption Very good. I almost didn't feel 4 knot gusts. (14 to 18 knots measured before and after the session) .
Comparison with Rhino II: - Low end : The Rhino has a definitely better low end. I can keep pointing at 11-12 knots, while the RRD tends lose pull during the lulls, thus you can't really point under that condition.
- High end : The RRD has a clear advantage over the Rhino. If the wind speed is 15kn gusting to 18, the Rhino is no fun, too much effort and kind'a survival riding, while the RRD maintains a stress-free riding.
- Bar pressure : The RRD bar is considerably lighter than the Rhino, permits longer sessions with lesser stress on the arms.
- Handling on the beach : The RRD tends to lose shape compared to the Rhino, which makes it a bit more difficult for the guy assisting a launch .
Features not tested/compared yet: Water re-launch, opening of zippers for higher wind speeds, jumps, hangtime
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum