All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: hammersurf gto 147=great board
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:06 am 
Medium Poster

I havn't been able to try 20 different boards. I am not that lucky. But the hammersurf gto 147 is a great board for a begginner at least and from the guy i bought it from (who used the money to but a HAMMERSURF debaser 127) it is a great board to go upwind and to use in general. The first day, i was able to go upwind(as a 2 lesson beginer) was able to go upwind for a short period of time as well as fly downwind and stay up very easily. Hammersurf definatly has my bussiness as a 6'4" 235lb kitesurfer for life as of now and i do belive for the rest of my kiteing career. strong words, yes. But true to life? yes as well. Extremly worth the money. I felt like i belonded out on the waves with this baord.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:06 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

You must be the guy that beat me out for that board on Ebay.

I would have to agree that Hammersurf makes a great board. I am another big guy, 6'2" 225lbs and I got a GTO 157. I love it. It tacks upwind like its on rails and carves great on the turns too. I handels the chop well too.

I am a Hammersurf fan now, I started with a 175TT and that is still my lightwind board. I am findind as I learn how to use it I am getting more range out of my 157. Very solid boards and light too. Much better than the bricks like Liquid Force builds. I have ridden many different boards, and I think that the hammersurf is the best medium sized board that I have ridden yet. I loaned my GTO to another guy and I had to pry it out of his hands to get it back, he liked it that much. I can't wait to try the ONO and the Debaser.

- DC

R2 20m, V4 16m, Aero 12m, Hammersurf GTO 157, TT 175, LF MLF 120

[ 2 posts ]