Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Storm 3

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Storm 3

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:30 am

Aaron Hadlow is an extremely talented ripper for sure, but having such a great kite definately helped him finish in front in this years PKRA rounds.

I rode the 15M Storm3 on Tuesday night for approx 45mins, wind was approx 12-15knots, just started to get some help from the tide, as the sun went down, kited until it was well dark, cool.
I was on an Underground FLX 1.42 with 50mm fins and those awesome new straps from Martin Technologies.

The finish and construction of the kite is 1st class, one of the most well made and finished kites in the world for sure.
Easy to inflate struts with one way valves, average sized leading edge tube. All the struts except the end ones are socket type attachment, and the end ones have some reflex in them. Tip battens are removable, carbon straight round rod.

Self launched easy, the LE tube down near the tip is narrow so it is easy to fold over.

Its a front line flyer with good forward flight speed for a 15M kite, it actually handles and feels like a much smaller kite around 12M. It turns on a tip, pivot turns, and holds good power through the turns, I'm no kite looper but its easy to see how Aaron can pull off some of the amazing shit he does.
Never had to re-launch it. It was easy to jump, and gave bigger than expected jumps with excellent hang time.
Bar and lines are an awesome package too, its a leashless spinning system, 660lb colour coded lines. Centre line cannot wear out, hard anodised cleat for trim adjustment. Kite dick can be removed for unhooked style.

Tim rode it yesterday in slightly more wind, and he says the same except that is is easy to re-launch. We both noticed the loftiness of the jumps and how you hang up there longer than expected. He as on a 1.22FLX, had no trouble staying upwind.

Great bag, separate pockets for bar and pump, dual shoulder straps for comfort for trekking to secret spots, bag extends to take a partly inflated kite.

Excellent new pricing too, available complete or kite only.

Pete_W
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Pete_W » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:40 am

Cmon Mate,

you cant slap down a line like:
Excellent new pricing too ...
Without elaborating.

Cheers,

Pete.

PS still loving the FLX, everyone up here who rides it wants to buy one.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:06 am

Pete_W wrote:Cmon Mate,

you cant slap down a line like:
Excellent new pricing too ...
Without elaborating.

Cheers,

Pete.

PS still loving the FLX, everyone up here who rides it wants to buy one.
Hi Pete
I don't want to abuse the forum, I cop enough flack as it is! :D
What I can say is that the only place you can buy storms is from Kitepower, the distributor margin has been passed on to the riders.
We are also looking for loyal people to ride them.
Call me or send me a private message if you want prices.

The FLX is an awesome board, I had a ride of a 1.42 the other night, and it will probably be my board this year. I will still use the Magic Slab Carpet, but the rest of the time it will be the 1.42

Return to “Reviews”