Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North Rhino 05

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
fourperf
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby fourperf » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:56 am

I am having to lenghthen my about the same amount.

Mark

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:28 pm

12cm longer for both 12m and 16m R05s after about 10 sessions.
The chicken loop line stretches and this can make the nose line become too tight. The correct solution would be to lengthen the red line. This way the knot continues to catch at the Y joint properly.

Wawando
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Portugal - Guincho; Rebel2012 5m, 9m & 2011 7m; Amundson 5'9&6'
Been thanked: 0

Postby Wawando » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:50 am

Hum... I must check it out... I think that the Knot is always at Y because red line has not much tention and 5thE line has little arc above Y. I use 25cm depower length so i shorten it.
But i will check it out...

healeyg
Medium Poster

Postby healeyg » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:14 am

Dwight wrote:
12cm longer for both 12m and 16m R05s after about 10 sessions.
The chicken loop line stretches and this can make the nose line become too tight. The correct solution would be to lengthen the red line. This way the knot continues to catch at the Y joint properly.
so, how do you lengthen the red line? buy a new one?

Wawando
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Wawando » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:12 am

You can lengthen the red by shortening the grey ;-) (the long one). This is infact better because you recover the back line length lost (my back lines are 2cm below the last knot).

Trant
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Trant » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:30 am

Am I missing something here? The red line on my bar has a "bungee" area which would allow the red line to lengthen with the grey line. In fact it says in the manual that this is specifically why it is there.

Lengthening the red line solves nothing as the problem lies on the other side of the Y. You can lengthen the red line all you want but the stopper at the Y won't increase the length on the other side.

As Wawando says, add some length to the 5th line. I did it by attaching a pig tail at the connection point of the kite, I only needed 4-5cm myself.

Wawando
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Wawando » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:09 am

Hi,

You will need more than 4-5cm. The problem is on both sides of the Y. Front lines stretching and, specially grey line stretching. When you lengthen 5th line at the top you solve both problems, BUT blue knot might go away from the Y. At that time bungee is already pretty stretched. I am not at the water since end of last year to check it out.

See you!

Janus
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Private Kite & Wing Beach d'Epine
Style: Freeride
Gear: *

Postby Janus » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:34 pm

You will need more than 4-5cm. The problem is on both sides of the Y. Front lines stretching and, specially grey line stretching. When you lengthen 5th line at the top you solve both problems, BUT blue knot might go away from the Y. At that time bungee is already pretty stretched. I am not at the water since end of last year to check it out.
So maybe an idea to place a stopperball above the blue knot?

Or replace the center line from Y to centerline attached to kite (compensate strech in Y frontlines) and replace the red line from microhook to bungee (compensate strech grey line).

Or, in my case (R4 longer front pigtails) go back to the original short front pigtails. (i fly with a short depower stroke so i think that it comensate the strech in the grey line, in the beginning my red line was always a bit loose, which did not bother me)

more ideas?

Arjan
[/quote]

Trant
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Trant » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:42 am

Ah, this may not have been an issue for me as the first thing I did when I got the kite was to shorten my chicken loop, effectively shortening the length of the grey line.

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:43 am

Hi,

Can the same bar be used for both the 12 and 16m Rhino 5?

I think its adjustable?

Thanks

Gundu

Return to “Reviews”