Now after some sessions with R05: 12-15 knots short session + 13-18 knots huge session + 45min in 20-30 knots (yes 30 gusts) + 2h 13-18 knots.
I think i have a initial picture of the R05.
The main aspect is:
- It turns on a dime! Haven't ridden any mid-low ar kites latelly, so can't judge if it turns faster than the others with this goal...
- Jumps at least as high as R04 (in the 30 session you can imagine the jumps i had. unbeleavable!). This was my main focus in the last sessions as i heard rumors that it jumped less. Don't worry: it doesn't!
- Super easy jumper
- Kiteloops or ride-loops real piece of cake
- Requires more bar "hold".
- Surprised by the lightness of the bar! More present but still light (YES!)
- Very good depower (as long as you push the bar up). On-Off very evident . Can't say that is has a hyper astronomic one as i haven't made a direct-face-to-face test with the R04 (will try to do it this weekend).
- I found myself never having to adjust the depower strap (wierd...)
- When compared to a "traditional high ar kite" the other feels like a truck! Really impressive: after 2h session with R05 i changed to compare and couldn't beleave it.
- Constant pull in the turns (now i understand what this means)
- Hangtime if you hold the bar or use the microloop is very good. If you don't you drop down.
- Definitly better low end
- 5thE passing through the microloop is reducing the usage of the microloop... must take it out of there...
- After a couple of session, depower rope shows some wearout... must wax it... humpf...
About the 5thE, to tell you the truth i ignore it... Maybe i get more risks now that i have it... only time will tell. Still have to test if it is well tuned (stopper ball)... Still don't know if it is enlarging the top end of the kite. In the 30 gusts day i pulled 5th line once to killl a hypergust and it worked as expected
I don't have the feeling "oh my god this is really a super evolution" like i had with R04.
When compare R05 to R04, i would describe the R04 as a softer kite. I don't know exactly why, but it is softer...
I might prefer R05 to R04, but must ride more and get back to R04 to be sure. The improved turning speed is something that i imagine i will not want to let go!
Left turning tendency problem is still there and too evident. I am waiting for a "expert kite corrector" to find what i am doing wrong. But to tell you the truth, after having and riding so many kites and tested all the adjustments, i know this one has some problem and will have to be exchanged.
I am very happy with my new toy (really liking the color of it
)! hehehe! Very curious about the 16!
I have put some pics with comments here: http://gallery.kiteforum.com/gallery/albuv79
I hope this helps!