Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
STF
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby STF » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:09 pm

Well Well,

My problem is which BFK to replace my Nemi 21m?

I am only 140lbs but the 21m Nemi was the kite i rode the most here in the not so Windy City. I was able to hold the 21m Nemi to around 17-20mph 20 tops. So which BFK to replace it? Stright swap 21m Nemi for the 21m BFK or the 18m BFK?

HELP!

tahitian coconut
Frequent Poster

Postby tahitian coconut » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:20 pm

I would go for the 18 if I was you... :wink:

fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Edge 7, 10, 13, 17.
Best Kiteboarding RP 52cm Bar, 22m lines.
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.

Postby fat blokes can fly » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:19 pm

Hi Guys here is my "real no BULL review!"

I'm a previous Rhino 2 20m fan I rode mine for 2 years until total destruction and have been on the quest to find an equal / better replacement! The kite I have decided on is the BEST 21m BFK. I have had the kite on loan for the past few weeks but have held off on reviewing it due having been out on it in far from perfect conditions i.e FOG.

WHAT YOU'VE GOT TO APPRECIATE IS I WEIGH 101KG!
Yesterday out on the big BFK for 3hrs made my mind up that this kite is as good in the jumps and far better on the upwind than my trusty old 20mR2. It will also work alot better for lighter guys as the R2 20 was just for the heavy guys!

Wind when i went out was 9/10knts when we came in it was 18/19knts
Screams upwind gaining speed fast.Board was a best float 135x44 (good quality light wind board) In the jumps just send it from quite high to just past 12/1 and you get big air, boost is great taking me by surprise. Adjusting bar position (sheet out)nearing the apex of the jumps also effected the lift,then slightly steer the kite forward and i was amazed by the glide & with this glide you travel,boy do you travel! I was having to be careful on jumps as to not land on the beach as were in my favourite jumping spot the creek in Cleethorpes.
The ability of the kite in the jumps height/hangtime was mentioned to me by several other kiters (which speaks volumes), one of which that is testing the 18m BFK this week!

Thanks BEST & the EXTRA 30% off comes in very handy
Personally I would have bought the kite anyway but it keeps the girlfriend happy! The money is better in my pocket I

COMMEN SENSE KITEBOARDING & BETTER THAN A RHINO 2 20M!

tahitian coconut
Frequent Poster

Postby tahitian coconut » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:12 am

Dude when you say my "real no BULL review!", does it mean that my review was a BUL REVIEW ? :-?

By the way, I've just ordered a 16m BFK today.
LLLLOOOVVVEEE this kite. :D :D :D

:thumb:

Return to “Reviews”