thekiterider2000
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WindWIng Rapture - AMAZING !!

Postby thekiterider2000 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:19 pm

Rapture 12m - Unbelievable!!

I received my new 12m WindWIng Rapture direct from HK to my home at the Gold Coast in Australia.

Let me say to all those of you who have been waiting as long as I have, that the wait is DEFINATELY worth it.

The winds here have been very gusty, 20 to 30 Knots for the past few days. Due to the many suggestions on the WindWing Forum concerning the “trickyâ€

Wetstuff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Assateague National Seashore, Maryland
Gear: Ozone WASP wind wing
Naish 8-0 Directional
Sand kart

Postby Wetstuff » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:29 pm

Cool. Good for you. There's this mistaken belief that we are all 'Kite Commuters' and want cheaper, 'good as the rest' kites. After we're able to go back-forth, get a little air, etc - we then look for something that will either expand our range and/or safety. It looks like WW is taking this tack - good for them - and us.

Continued good fun.

jim

DRAZ
Frequent Poster
Gear: OR

Postby DRAZ » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:00 pm

I can't wait to see what this kite will do in the hands of a pro. If you getting the range of a 13.5-9m. Looks like I'll only need 2 kites. The less kite the better as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for the review.

skagroovy
Medium Poster

Postby skagroovy » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:30 am

cant wait to try the 12... i wonder if it is the rapture magic size...

skagroovy
Medium Poster

Postby skagroovy » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:45 pm

i second the raptures ability to depower....wow!!!!!!!

late.

STF
Very Frequent Poster

Postby STF » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:57 pm

Ska

Pinstripe? 10 pin porter?

Anyway, anyway review of your raptures please

skagroovy
Medium Poster

Postby skagroovy » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:10 am

skankin pickles!!!!

anyway i am testing the 18 not posting any info but to windwing r & d... sorry... when my i get my 12 will post on that kite i think it is a sick kite

but i can tell you my thought about the cc bar.... quality is very good the bar is simple well thought out. i love the fact that you can disasemble it and make mods with no big hassle. you can replace the chicken loop line with out having to order a new loop. spinning leash works well. depowers like crazy.... smooth action i think if you dont get a ww kite get a bar from them if you dont need a 5th line set up(i am sure you could even mod the cc bar to do this...

late

STF
Very Frequent Poster

Postby STF » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:29 pm

how come you wont comment on the 18m Rapture?

skagroovy
Medium Poster

Postby skagroovy » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:27 am

to all on the 18...

i have been a ww customer for a very short time. i showed a great deal of interest in there 18 rapture. all they had was the proto types or beta kites...(i had sold all my kites and was freaking out) . the customer service & r and d department were so interested in making a kite that was going to deliver the performace promised, that they thought it would be a good idea to have a non-pro that has been kiting a few years involved in the final touchs of this great kite. i have been giving them feedback as they needed testing with heavier guys. so far my dealings with ww have been the best kind of interaction that a kite company can have. all my ?'s get anwser fast and this has made my testing of the 18 a great time. this kite is sweet.

late

fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

Postby fernmanus » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:33 am

I can comment on the 18. Like Jared, I am a total amatuer. I have been kite boarding for 5 years. I borrowed it for some rides the other day. The kite is very different looking than any other inflatables that I have seen. The leading edge is immense and very rigid. The kite does not taper much at the tips. The shape is more like an ARC. However, due to the solid leading edge it doesn't ever fold. The spars are also large and rigid. I took it out in fairly gusty conditions. I had been riding a 16M Gaatra Stealth and I was well-powered. The 18 Rapture does have a ton of depower. I was able to depower the kite, yet still ride with one hand. I also liked the way the kite jumped, really good floaty jumps. The kite was very stable and predictable. I didn't try any kiteloops as the wind was so gusty that I didn't feel comfortable giving them a try.

I did not get a chance to relaunch the kite, so I cannot comment on the relaunch.

My word to Windwing is that the prototype they sent to Jared is a winner. I have flown a lot of kites over the years and the Rapture is one of the best I have seen. Especially, when you consider the amazing depower I just wish they would make a bigger size. The 18 is great - how about a 25 as well? I personally will buy the 18 when it comes available.

Kenny

Return to “Reviews”