Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
johnmelton
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ocean Rodeo Mako

Postby johnmelton » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:31 pm

I rode this board for about 2 hours back to back with a 142cm Wavetray. First of all the board is much faster than the Wavetray. I would say the Mako is 30 to 50% faster than anything I have ever ridden. As for it's ability to handle chop when you first get on the board you think it doesn't handle chop well then you realize how fast you are going. Still I didn't think it was the smoothest board I have ridden. It turns too fast when you first ride it and will take some getting used to. So far I like the Wavetray better for turning because it has more pop when you step on it hard. For riding waves again I like the Wavetray for turns but the Mako is like riding a longboard, you can shift your weight to the nose, so cool, hardly ever sank the nose. And the Mako is so fast you can feel gravity pulling you down the face of the wave, amazing. I beleive I will get used to the fast turning of the Mako with time, I do miss the extra pop of the Wavetray but the Mako makes up for it with it's incredible speed. The Mako is definetely different from most of the boards out there. I would love to have one that is wider and a little shorter.

BJkitesurf
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BJkitesurf » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:12 pm

whats your weight

BJkitesurf
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BJkitesurf » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:13 pm

whats your weight

johnmelton
Frequent Poster