fokiten
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Yarga tested by dumb-fuc Americans

Postby fokiten » Mon May 09, 2005 10:20 pm

So,,

I tested the yarga Sunday:

First thing I did was give it to my buddy,
(if this was a killer kite, better him than me. [wink])

I just said to him, "test this thing"; being an idiot (him not me) with a brand new turbo pump, he pumped it up to 9 psi.

Bastard,,lol, I picked it up to launch him and about shit, the thing was well beyond tight—fuc-wad,, anyway this kite can, and did take/handle the abuse...

The kite (05 Yarga 11m.) is very well made, I was impressed with the panel layout, its got seams everywhere; never seen so many panels; looked very professionally laid-out.

My buddy is one of those guys who looks wild, he scares people; even from a great distance. This fat woman jumped right off her jet ski, into the water, when he came toward her.

Anyway, He put on quite a show, Big air, soft landings, a double kite loop, all this with no depower whatsoever in the kite.

You see it had those kook proof connectors, and we had to tie knots in the rear lines just to fly it.

Anyway, he thought it was very stable, thought it turned pretty-good, said it went up wind well enough...

That's pretty High praise from Him; he represents, and flies for a competitor's Brand)

I Re-rigged the kite on my bar after launching it on his and finding it was rigged with zero depower; my friend's an idiot remember?

My impression was that it turned fast, had a good power stroke felt solid in the air, went up wind better than I expected and relaunched with true ease.

The wind was lighter when I got my turn on it and so I mainly went for stoking it all over the sky and trying to out run it up wind.

It did do one strange thing? I was cranking hard up wind with the kite low and it just folded and hit the water?

I suppose I over taxed it for the conditions?
(rider error?)

All and all it was much more of a kite than you'd have a right to expect for the money.

One more thing it had much better low end than my 11.4m. high aspect kite, turned just as fast and this made the difference in getting out (I doubt I could have exited the beach on my 8.4 in this same wind) on a very on-shore light wind session.

Nice kite Sq, thanks for the ride, I'd definitely own one.

More testing to come, that is if my shit for brains buddy doesn't explode the f-en thing with his super pump first.

THANKS
fokiten

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Tue May 10, 2005 2:10 pm

:o :D

lesbian horse
Very Frequent Poster

Postby lesbian horse » Tue May 10, 2005 4:18 pm

We can now confirm fo's account has been hacked

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Tue May 10, 2005 4:51 pm

yup and i can confirm that it hasn't.

check the kiteboarder.co.uk forum.

it was me who arrnaged the demo.

windshreder
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Yarga tested by dumb-fuc Americans

Postby windshreder » Wed May 11, 2005 12:28 am

="fokiten"]
It did do one strange thing? I was cranking hard up wind with the kite low and it just folded and hit the water?
This is a know issue with the 05 Yargas.

See the Best forum for explantions under "05 Yarga 15 Question"

http://forum.bestkiteboarding.com/viewtopic.php?t=173

Dax
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dax » Wed May 11, 2005 2:06 am

I wouldn't say its a known issue, its a known issue that you need to get your lines dialed in right, which the thread goes into in depth (so it is a good read.)

I noticed a lot of flare in my kite until I took the advice from Best and rigged with exceptionally long back lines (the new Yarga likes very little rear line pressure, especially compared to last year.) Now I got my bar dialed and the kite flies and depowers very well with minimal throw in my trim line.

kyngpin
Frequent Poster

Postby kyngpin » Wed May 11, 2005 2:59 am

What about smaller sizes, like the 9m? Do you have to rig them with long rear lines too?

Is the kite still responsive as it was dax? What about its power? Didn't it decrease?

windshreder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windshreder » Wed May 11, 2005 3:17 am

="Dax"]I wouldn't say its a known issue, its a known issue that you need to get your lines dialed in right, which the thread goes into in depth (so it is a good read.)

I noticed a lot of flare in my kite until I took the advice from Best and rigged with exceptionally long back lines (the new Yarga likes very little rear line pressure, especially compared to last year.) Now I got my bar dialed and the kite flies and depowers very well with minimal throw in my trim line.

Dax,

First of all it is a "know issue" because it has already been addressed by Alex and Peter on their own forum with possible soloutions to fix the "problem." Maybe you have a different definition of "known issue."

You dont think that Yargas folding in half with "very little rear line pressure" is not an issue?

If you read the post it has nothing to do with oversheeting or short back lines.

Please name another kite model where this is acceptable?

Dax
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dax » Wed May 11, 2005 3:28 am

Hmmm, I went through and read all the posts again, they suggested as I did to check your lines and make sure you have little rear line tension with no flaring when you sheet in. Peter said to make sure that you setup with a small amount of throw. The key is light pressure, not slack.

To me its much the same as all the questions related to the line lengths on the 5th element, or the Torches. Its all about getting stuff setup right. The kites now are built to much more exact specs than before, you just can't deal with a lot of slop in the setup like you could in the past.

Btw, have you even flown an 05 Yarga yet? I have 2, flown in all kinds of crappy Gorge wind. They are the smoothest kites I have flown to date, really something else, and yes I have flown other brands this year.

Kyngpin - The kite is still responsive even with not much pressure in the rears, and again you don't want totally slack rear lines, just enough so they sag a bit when the bar is against the stopper. I usually land my jumps by sheeting out and whipping the kite back over me, I find it to be much more lively then than when sheeted in.

:bye:

windshreder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windshreder » Wed May 11, 2005 4:18 am

I flew the 05 Yarga at the Kiteshow and liked it a lot.

Peter says slight flare when fully sheeted (unhooked) and 18cm of sheeting.

The key to fix the "problem" is preventing the rear lines from too much slack otherwise the kite may collapse. This is a pain in the ass if you use your bar for more than one kite especially if your other kite flies well with extended sheeting range. (like my Globeriders)

Maybe a 5th line setup will correct the "problem."

Does the Torch collapse if it is not set up right?

Return to “Reviews”