First day: 7 knots
No wind for several days, so we decided to pump up and inspect our new toys.
- Construction: Both top. Little more detail on Flexifoil, but basically the same.
- Valves: Strike are easier to infate & deflate. Vegas 05 are equal to R04 (different from R05 ones which are more rigid and close tight).
- Size flat: V05 12m is really bigger than Strike II 11m. Usually the difference can be ignored. Not here V05 12m is really bigger than Strike II 11m.
- Tips: Vegas wider.
- Struts: Strike II thinner
- LE: Vegas thinner. BTW:Rhino05 12m is much thinner than Vegas05 12m
- Strike II has more camber than Vegas 05. Vegas05 profile looks thinner.
- Protections: both fully protected against wear on tips.
- TE: V05 has thicker material.
- AR: V05 higher than Strike II.
Now a pretty useless, but curious test. 7 knots. No lines.
Two guys, each grabbing a front pig-tail:
Strike II - Stays foot. Sits quiet in the air.
Vegas 05 - Unstable. Goes back & forth & then passes to the front & falls.
One guy, grabbing a both front lines with arms open:
Strike II - Not as easilly, but flies and sometimes stays foot.
Vegas 05 - Doesn't fly. Falls backward. (i tried hard
Strike II seems like the best behaved for wave riding stalls... let's see how they work in the "real world"!
So, only useless tests for now. Wind is required...
BTW: QTek XDA III camera is really bad when compared to Nokia 7610 or 6670