All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Viper Venom Review. ****1/2 out of 5
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:10 am 
Rare Poster

Ok, OK saw someone needed a review , so heres my take on the new Venom....I paid prices on website but got a DVD thrown in.

OK, got my Vipers (3 of them, got one free) to see whats the scoop, money back guarentee so thought I'd check the hype. Got thenm threu Lucas @ kitehigh.com, awesome service with that live chat shit!. Was nervous but the money back guarentee settled them.

Order was 2 days later than the 1 week wait period, they were backordered :( and trying to keep up with demand...apparently, no probs, they kept in touch and let me know which nmade it fine as i was chaffing at the bit.

Opening the box, very nice bag, very suprised actually, I though with the pricing it would be average but no, I have owned a few brands and the bag is as good as any and better than some.

Got to beach in ABOUT 15 mph gusting winds, chose the 12m Venom (10 and 16 other kites). Pumped it up, very nice, very nice, the logo, the look, attention to detail and that THIN LE. The overall layout really got some attention, as you normally think when something is so cheap it will be cheap materials etc, it looks exactly the same materials as the North my bud rides but the Viper logo for what its worth, is killer imo.

I was told to check out the panel layout by crew at kitehigh, long thinner panels that look super strong and minimal "crosscutting" which apparently is a big problem as I saw with gastra last year and a few others trying to get fancy with the materials (some still trying it looks like!!!). Makes sense to me but i am not a designer, I know it looks alriight, if it lasts me longer, even better I say.

Hooked up the lines, all kook proof and in 5 line setup (there was no manual, this is being woirked on iw as told). Self launched and hung her over the water at 45 degrees and played with it for a few mintes.

For a HI AR with such a thin LE, I was F%^$#* impressed, stable as a mid AR and sat high ion the window and LOTS of pull, did they get the sizing right???

Threw me Thorn on my feet and took off, right away within 1 pumps of the kite I was on a plane and smoking...LIT, I am again, impresed with the usabiltiy of the kite, stable and upwind power power power. I think I am in love. Often I have bought kites and had to relearn my handling, this was simple, and stable.

Jumping, this kite is fast, no problem getting under the kite for landings, the bar is small for the 12m, I used the 38cm and was absolutley fine, could use the 42cm too for extra bitta speed but i like to have slower kite for jumping.

I stayed out for about hour and 45 mins till dark and called it a day. Could not wipe the smile off my face, saved well over a grand and a 1/2 .for a COMPARABLE kite from NAish (used to ride them) and have killer gear (so far, still need to test 10 and 16). If the 10 and 16 are anything like the 12, I'm in!

improvements- kite manual or Dvd. I ride so no prob, found tons of 5th line stuff on web so no biggie either.
- 2 days late but hey, 1500$ Plus in save, dont give a damn.

If you ARE considering a HI AR kite, dont waste yer cash on anything unitl you try one of these imho.

May sound biased to some, but f*&^, the kite rox, PERIOD!
:thumb:

Will post on 10 and 12...anyone on Boa news?

Madness

PS: I donated to charity too for the 1st time apparently too, feel all gooey and shit, outta here.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:33 am 
Very Frequent Poster

got any pictures?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:01 am 
Medium Poster

are you in oz madness?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:30 pm 
Medium Poster

Can't wait for the 10 and 16 review.

I would like to see a comparison between this kites and the Hellfish from Best.

I think i saw somewhere on the forum that Best got some ideas for the Hellfish from the Viper Kites, but i might be wrong on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:42 am 
Medium Poster

Kid, youre dreaming arernt you.mate thats just stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:01 pm 
Rare Poster

Hey Madness I agree 100% with your review. I have used the 12 up to 25knots I am 93 kG.

Ive been using it on a 50cm bar, thats all I have, and the kite has been way fast. Caught me out a few times. I think I will try it with a shorter bar.

The Venoms are way more stable than any other high ar I have used, and they are real high AR.
Ive said it before, this kite rocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:21 am 
Rare Poster

Hey guys,

Any idea what AR the Venoms are. You mentioned it was as stable as a med ar, it is interesting to see a whole new group of designs and designers who seem to be able to crack the problems the so called major brands have not been able to do.

The review of the viper venom, which I trust is a first generation viper kite sounds like it has been able to produce reults that "big name brands" still cant do after how many years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:49 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I'm getting one!!!!
Thx for the review.

Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:43 am 
Medium Poster

Alex when does it arrive?and what size did you get?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:36 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I still trying to decide between a 12 Venom and a 12 Boa. I like high aspect kites, but I want to use this in waves too...

alex

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next