All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Hellfish-HONEST review from a test ride
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:42 am 
Rare Poster

The following from a mate of mine who e-mailed me after trying one.
Just an independent 3rd party with NO vested interest.
He was intending to buy one BEFORE the test ride.
Just putting it out there to balance the hype.
Some names removed to protect the source.

Anonmoron

Quote:
May interest you, may not, but I tried the new Hellfish 13m yesterday.

Glad I didn't sell my kites to buy one!

The wind was maybe 10 to 12 knots. Gusting to 15, at a guess. The wind stats said 17.

No one could get it going ! There was a guy on an Airrush 14 going upwind and jumping, while XXXX on the Hellfish was just running downwind and walking back.

I had a go, but could not get going. It was really hard to fly. Really fast! I mean REALLY fast! Like a 7 m! But if you sheeted in at all, the kite would stall really badly.

The consensus was that the kite is TOO fast! Also, it feels every little gust, with no give.

Saw it crash 4 times.

Then a guy (XXXX) went out on a 13 Airrush and was fully powered and doing vertival rotations. Still the Fish wasn't going.

Several tried, I dont think any were impressed.

Ended up on my 16, just able to get upwind. Others were going good with 14's to 18's

Had to tell someone!

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:19 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

just post the name man,no use posting it without, it's just a shit review....

if we know who it's from, where it was who else was there to verify, then it's worthwhile, but without a name it's just a bagging the brand.

if someone couldn't fly the kite or the kite was wrong, then we'dl ike the feedback, kinda hard to do that anonymously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:14 pm 
Frequent Poster

Sounds like a shit review to me. You even say that people were rideing the same size kites but you couldn't go at all. Maybe it was your buddy that wasn't good enough or something. Sounds like a bash to me. What's his name and what were the conditions. If it was a 13m and other were rideing 13-14m kites powered then sounds to me like bullshit.

Post subject: Re: Hellfish-HONEST review from a test ride
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:36 pm 
Medium Poster

anonmoron wrote:
The following from a mate of mine who e-mailed me after trying one.
Just an independent 3rd party with NO vested interest.
He was intending to buy one BEFORE the test ride.
Just putting it out there to balance the hype.
Some names removed to protect the source.

Anonmoron

Quote:
May interest you, may not, but I tried the new Hellfish 13m yesterday.

Glad I didn't sell my kites to buy one!

The wind was maybe 10 to 12 knots. Gusting to 15, at a guess. The wind stats said 17.

No one could get it going ! There was a guy on an Airrush 14 going upwind and jumping, while XXXX on the Hellfish was just running downwind and walking back.

I had a go, but could not get going. It was really hard to fly. Really fast! I mean REALLY fast! Like a 7 m! But if you sheeted in at all, the kite would stall really badly.

The consensus was that the kite is TOO fast! Also, it feels every little gust, with no give.

Saw it crash 4 times.

Then a guy (XXXX) went out on a 13 Airrush and was fully powered and doing vertival rotations. Still the Fish wasn't going.

Several tried, I dont think any were impressed.

Ended up on my 16, just able to get upwind. Others were going good with 14's to 18's

Had to tell someone!

This is interesting!
This review can be interpreted in 2 ways.
1- kite is crap... but the rider says that the kite is too fast
2- in kiteboarding it's all about speed, especially in light wind so if the HF is faster than other tubes then there is something. A good rider can use the speed of the kite to squeez out a lot of power. A kite is never too fast for a rider. A 13m that got the speed of a 7m is the dream for all experienced kiteboarders but not for beginners... then it's better to have a park and go kite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:33 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I don't believe this because of the second hand bullshit info through e-mail.

Second I'v flown the 13m and that's not what I found and heavier riders in 10 - 12mph gusting to 14mph,
which is less than when he was riding in "10 to 12 knots. Gusting to 15, at a guess".
These are the fact and the truth.
I have at least 6 people to verify the above facts,
who were riding the 13m and they were happy with the kite in that lite wind and everything was the other way around.

I have to agree with the previous statement like,
" A kite is never too fast for a rider.
A 13m that got the speed of a 7m is the dream for all experienced kiteboarders but not for beginners..."

To me the faster kite is the better=aerodynamic efficiency and L/D
With better L/D and penetration the more apperent wind can be generated in a lighter wind.
If you give me a 13m with a speed of a 4m size I can handle that,
come on, this is not for newbees that's right!
I know Windwing had to slow down their 9m Rapture, but I'm againt of that,
why not rather grow into that and learn to live with that?

So this guy's review can't be trusted because contradicting himself and don't have any f.... in clue!
The impression is that he is a wake-style aussie heavy punk rider on a small board
and pimping other brands, who don't even have a ball to do the review by himself and reveal his identity.
So how could I consider this to be an honest review if it contradicts other rider's opinions and technicalities?:?: :bye:

DrLW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:07 am 
Medium Poster

Can someone tell me how come when there's a bad review to a Best kite there's always the same persons saying that the review is not to be thrusted.

From what i saw the other brands don't try to discredit the bad reviews they got.

Come on you guys from Best don't over praise your kites.

I might buy one of your kites because of the cheap price but there's no need to atack everybody that does not like your products. That's no fair play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:23 am 
Rare Poster

DrLightWind wrote:
To me the faster kite is the better=aerodynamic efficiency and L/D
With better L/D and penetration the more apperent wind can be generated in a lighter wind.
If you give me a 13m with a speed of a 4m size I can handle that,
come on, this is not for newbees that's right!
I know Windwing had to slow down their 9m Rapture, but I'm againt of that,
why not rather grow into that and learn to live with that?
DrLW

Dr:
When you think about dynamic systems, compliance is also a factor - not just efficiency. If you can't effectively apply the force, it is useless. Ever try to use a 3m foil? Always being at the edge is not particularly useful and constantly sineing a fast kite to keep it in the power is hardly enjoyable or effective. That is why we decided (at Flash Austin's suggestion) to slow down the Rap 6 & 9.
Best regards,
Bill Hansen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:05 am 
Very Frequent Poster

the only best 'guy' on this thread is me, the rest of the posters are just rriders,so are entitled to their opinions,and you don't see me flaming anyone, just trying to put different views into perspective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:49 am 
Very Frequent Poster

sq225917 wrote:
and you don't see me flaming anyone, just trying to put different views into perspective.

stop taking the piss, you're the worst culprit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:30 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

come on pilch be serious....

[ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next