*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Turbo Launcher Review
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:24 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:48 am
Posts: 168
Location: Oz
I've used the turbo launcher a number of times & am impressed by its simplicity. I pre rig at home & when the wind is up I can usually pump rig & go now about 5-10mins less now. I launch from a pebbly beach usually which snags lines, this product makes life a tad easier. Its great also I've found in self launching my 23.5 contra, no need for me to attempt to flip the kite to rig up, I attach the lines while the LE inflates then cart the whole thing to the launch area fold the tip with a bag on it & go.


{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:22 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:36 am
Posts: 380
Location: California
I agree completely.
When I visited Mark in Vancouver he was in the water in no time, while I was still unwinding lines (felt for ever, while he was already ripping)
Now we are fully using the Turbo Launcher and are big supporters of its functionality and safety offered.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:54 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:31 pm
Posts: 737
I just watched the videos on the Launcher and they look really good. What I can’t believe is they want $75 for 2 cents worth of plastic. If only they would lower the price to something reasonable. They would help stop injuries and sell a lot more and make more money. Kiters seemed to get screwed all the time on cost. Another company not using their brains from start to finish! Great product but please give us a break and you will sell a hell of a lot more Launchers.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:16 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:34 pm
Posts: 597
Location: south florida
i talked to tthe guy that like inveted it and he said its so expensive is because of the mold


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:09 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:31 pm
Posts: 737
sir slingshot wrote:
i talked to tthe guy that like inveted it and he said its so expensive is because of the mold


I believe the mold could be very costly. What I am saying is if they dropped the price the would sell so many more that it would be much more profitable for them and would make it safer for a lot more kiters.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:11 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:26 pm
Posts: 243
Location: South Haven, MI
We decided to offer them for free with the purchase of a complete kite.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:24 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 1471
Location: Maryland USA
S&S: I cannot believe you continue to follow this guy like diaper rash?! Other people's corrections to your first comment about "2 cents worth of plastic" would have had most people headed for the shadows in embarassment, but you continue to repeat yourself. You sound like you really thought plastic products came from a pot on the stove...maybe still do.

I'm left with the impression you personally can't come up with the money, but you REALLY want one. Nothing else make any sense? If you are lacking simple clues of how much it cost to bring something to market - yu're sur-as-hell in no postition to be anybody's marketing advisor!

The guy has spent a Porsche pile of cash making something to 'help' all of us. Get off his case.


jim


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:41 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:31 pm
Posts: 737
Wetstuff wrote:
S&S: I cannot believe you continue to follow this guy like diaper rash?! Other people's corrections to your first comment about "2 cents worth of plastic" would have had most people headed for the shadows in embarassment, but you continue to repeat yourself. You sound like you really thought plastic products came from a pot on the stove...maybe still do.

I'm left with the impression you personally can't come up with the money, but you REALLY want one. Nothing else make any sense? If you are lacking simple clues of how much it cost to bring something to market - yu're sur-as-hell in no postition to be anybody's marketing advisor!

The guy has spent a Porsche pile of cash making something to 'help' all of us. Get off his case.


jim


What I am saying is I haven't seen one yet because 95% of the kiters won't pay $75 for the thing. You spent alot on the mold its over-- lower the price sell them like hot cakes and make some money!!!


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:47 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 869
Location: Florida
Sea&Sun wrote:
I just watched the videos on the Launcher and they look really good. What I can’t believe is they want $75 for 2 cents worth of plastic. If only they would lower the price to something reasonable. They would help stop injuries and sell a lot more and make more money. Kiters seemed to get screwed all the time on cost. Another company not using their brains from start to finish! Great product but please give us a break and you will sell a hell of a lot more Launchers.


Mabye it will make your kiting experience $100 easier and you will be $25 ahead?


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:56 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:31 pm
Posts: 737
windshreder wrote:
Sea&Sun wrote:
I just watched the videos on the Launcher and they look really good. What I can’t believe is they want $75 for 2 cents worth of plastic. If only they would lower the price to something reasonable. They would help stop injuries and sell a lot more and make more money. Kiters seemed to get screwed all the time on cost. Another company not using their brains from start to finish! Great product but please give us a break and you will sell a hell of a lot more Launchers.


Mabye it will make your kiting experience $100 easier and you will be $25 ahead?


Over 80 kiters here still haven't seen a launcher :roll: :roll:


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group