All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:10 am 
Rare Poster

Doesn't Mark work for Naish?....how about Pete giving us a review on the Torch please :wink:

D$$$

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:43 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Rare that KiteForum gets a review from a world champion, thanks Mark! :thumb:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:19 am 
Very Frequent Poster

d-money wrote:
Doesn't Mark work for Naish?....how about Pete giving us a review on the Torch please :wink:

D$$$

Mark left Naish a while back.

I believe he's just cruising and freelancing for a while.

One thing is sure,whoever takes him on board is on a winner !

True gentleman and hell rider.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:01 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Rockstar wrote:
One thing is sure,whoever takes him on board is on a winner !

Joe Public should take him on:
How's about we all contribute say $25 per annum to sponsor him to write independant reviews, ride whatever the hell he thinks will win the next comp and take us out for a pint now and then...

The Kiteforum Sponsored Freelancer... :thumb:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:09 am 
Frequent Poster

I've had the 9 and 12 for about 2 weeks and at first I was having a hard time jumping. My problem was I was trying to use the kites at their low end range.

Today was 10 weather for me 25kts. and I went out on the 12 just to test the depower. Pulled the strap just a bit to keep the bar at a comfortable distance and pow! Jumping with these kites is something else.

I tried the technique others had talked about here on the forum and I got about 4 jumps where I started to literally fly. You go up like any other regular classic kite but at the apex of the jump sheet the bar all the way in and hold it there. You neither go up or down for about a second and a half you are just hanging in space, really a weird feeling to be suspended like that high in the air on a jump.

I don't think that I've ever had the same sensation jumping with my old kites. The trick is to sheet out a bit to get under the kite then sheet in aggressively and send the kite. Like Shinn said with a fixed loop or a Powerlock you could probably do some pretty amazing things with these new style kites while jumping.

Last edited by Toesidereefer on Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:32 am 
Frequent Poster

The review and the kite sounds really good, but so did the hellfish - and what happened to that? :roll:
common! who knows if this is real mark shinn? or if it is, he didnt get something from cabrinha to write it. i'll believe it when i see it (and not a picture or video - the real thing). :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:49 am 
Very Frequent Poster

ZenWind wrote:
Is it just me or was Mark's report a breath of fresh air on this forum? It seems like there has been so much pimping of brands on here that a good honest report is so nice to read for a change. Wouldn't it be nice to see more unbiased reporting on this forum? I am not trying to start a new thread of crap here, but I really appreciate reading a decent report. And it doesn't have to come from a Mark Shinn or other pro rider to be honest and straight forward; just an objective report does it for me. So thanks to Mark once again for your contribution.

I was about to say that somebody will just complain that it's biased anyway and then look what happened:
vp wrote:
who knows if this is real mark shinn? or if it is, he didnt get something from cabrinha to write it.

A good balanced review from a legendary but currently unsponsored rider, and yet somebody still whines! :roll:

Thanks for your input Mark. Much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:26 am 
Frequent Poster

FredMurphy wrote:
ZenWind wrote:
Is it just me or was Mark's report a breath of fresh air on this forum? It seems like there has been so much pimping of brands on here that a good honest report is so nice to read for a change. Wouldn't it be nice to see more unbiased reporting on this forum? I am not trying to start a new thread of crap here, but I really appreciate reading a decent report. And it doesn't have to come from a Mark Shinn or other pro rider to be honest and straight forward; just an objective report does it for me. So thanks to Mark once again for your contribution.

I was about to say that somebody will just complain that it's biased anyway and then look what happened:
vp wrote:
who knows if this is real mark shinn? or if it is, he didnt get something from cabrinha to write it.

A good balanced review from a legendary but currently unsponsored rider, and yet somebody still whines! :roll:

Thanks for your input Mark. Much appreciated.

I did not say that it was biased. all i said was - how do you know anymore?? you really dont!!! anybody could be anyone on the internet and say anything.. i could say im Robby Naish and give a great review for flysurfer cause im a really nice guy.
if it is Mark Shinn, and the review is really unbiased - hats off to him.. but who the hell knows?!?!?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:39 am 
Medium Poster

I know.
That is Mark Shinn for sure.
I just spoke with him two days ago about the same things.
And i am not affilliated with Cabrinha and neither is Mark.

It just an honest review.

Best Regards
Ronny Basso
http://www.kitefilm.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:00 am 
Frequent Poster

kitefilm.com wrote:
I know.
That is Mark Shinn for sure.
I just spoke with him two days ago about the same things.
And i am not affilliated with Cabrinha and neither is Mark.

It just an honest review.

Best Regards
Ronny Basso
http://www.kitefilm.com

sweet.. now i believe it more. mainly because you have 167 posts and I love your's and mark's "complete guide" video.

cheers.

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next