All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 20.5 MACHINE IS NOT HYPE......
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:08 pm 
Rare Poster

Finally got to the beach with the 20.5 Slingshot Machine and 149 cm Glide board for testing! As compared to the many other kites at the beach, the Machine setup had loads more speed, pop, lift, upwind ability and quickness to plane.

There were several other people on light wind setups and they could not stay up wind at all and barely jump. I was planing and boosting Raleys, Tantrums and Rolls while other people’s kites would not even fly.

In this light wind condition believe it or not the Machine had no problem water relaunching. I watched someone with a traditional kite that could not relaunch drift miles down the beach. In fact someone that borrowed my Machine also washed up down the beach, because they were not trained in the differences in relaunching this kite. I will definitely say there are completely different techniques for relaunching using the 5 line Machine. Once you have figured it out you can relaunch in almost no wind.

Proven and tested is a Fact with the Tony L. Machine!
:thumb:

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:24 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

that's funny i was up wind of the 20.5 machine on my old 21 nemi and my custom light wind board going way faster.

It is the board not the kite that was going better in your case, mine too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:51 pm 
Frequent Poster

I tend to believe oceanplay over Florida Kiting anyday. I've seen experienced riders on the new 20.5 machine on a big board while I was on my 20m Yarga on a smaller board haveing way more fun then them. One of those riders wishes Slingshot had the same 30 day return policy as Best cause he would have returned it and got a Yarga.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:52 pm 
Frequent Poster

I tend to believe oceanplay over Florida Kiting anyday. I've seen experienced riders on the new 20.5 machine on a big board while I was on my 20m Yarga on a smaller board haveing way more fun then them. One of those riders wishes Slingshot had the same 30 day return policy as Best cause he would have returned it and got a Yarga.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:06 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

don't pit me up to them in a match, please. I'm not dising the man or post.

my point was only that the board is what he should be hyping not the kite, the kite is not ground braking.

save your money on light wind kites and get a big flat board it's way less and will be better than any kite you can get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:35 pm 
Rare Poster

Jo,
See you at the beach!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:50 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I have a 17,5 and I am very happy with this kite......The best of this kite ?? well for me the huge wind range

Better low end than others ? dont know

But for sure the best top end

This kite dont know the word overpowered........

Just my 2cents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:55 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Panchito - I agree completely. Just unrolled my new 17.5 and rode 3 of the next 4 days in a variety of conditions. Large low end, and I couldn't find enough breeze to overpower the kite. It always felt comfortable - in part, I imagine, to the Oneline in addition to the usual kitedepowering.

Comments from the onlookers?: Stability! You can darn near go for lunch with the kite sitting comfortably in the sky at all parts of the window.

Happy happy happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:44 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I agree as well. I have never flown another 20M kite that has more top end due to the one line setup. Just for kicks I flew mine in wind blowing 20 - 25 mph with gusts to 30. Other guys my size were out on 11's. It wasn't exactly fun because the steering was compromised and the gusts were more difficult to handled, but I wasn't getting plastered either.

Kenny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:52 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

yeap.....

I just whant to get my hands on the new Octane ( mini machine ), maybe the 10 or 12 ?? .....and I am set up with only 2 kites for my 10-30 knots range :thumb: :thumb:

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next