All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Excellent Review of the Takoon Nova
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:27 pm 
Frequent Poster

i found this review on http://www.kiteboardinguk.com/takoon_nova_review.htm

it is the by far most competent and detailled review of the takoon nova i've seen so far , so i post it below. Thanks, sarge, for the great review :thumb:

Takoon Nova 12m Review by Sarge, KiteboardingUK.com 21/08/05

After having read numerous reviews. We decided to do our own because it very obvious that the reviews out there were either incorrect or simply set up by marketing pimps to cause mayhem and confusion. Also many people were stating their very personal opinions from their short time of using the kite (demo days etc) and not actually owning one….

Firstly I have been riding Cabrinha for four years from day one in the history of Cabrinha. I have owned/used practically every kite in the Cabrinha range and many other makes. Indeed I teach with Cabrinha and sell many Cabrinha kites. When the Contra came out I especially loved it, it has a unique feel and quality which I like and it suits my style of riding maybe, who knows. I became a fan of the Pro Span (Contra 04/05 has pro span). I watched Takoon closely in 04/05 as they had Pro Span before Cabrinha and from this I decided to use in 2005 the Skoop 4 14.5 from Takoon (I do have a soft spot for the French, their society, their engineering, their beautiful woman and there fantastic language). And because the Contra stopped at 16.5m and I thought this was a very close kite to the Contra in the right size I needed. Oh and primarily out of curiosity and I like Pro Span concept. Cabrinha 04/05 Kites were faultless, no complaints. I just fancied a change; I demo all equipment that goes through the shop and have owned many, many kites. I can also pick up any second-hand kite in the shop and any time providing it’s owned by the shop. I have no attachment to any one brand of kites (however our shop http://www.kiteboardinguk.com does sell every brand out there 99% anyway.) I generally mix and match my kite quiver finding the best kite or one I like from every kite manufacturer out there in certain sizes not because of the manufacturer because of the kite and its performance. And place it in my ever evolving, changing quiver of kites. I also spend half of my year overseas and when kiting overseas I use a completely different set of kites and manufacturers. This way I pretty much get to try everything out there. (Lucky Bastd, I hear you say!!)

My current UK quiver is Slingshot Fuel 9m 2005 a great 9m for shitty gusty high wind conditions. Takoon Skoop4 11.5 Takoon Skoop4 14.5m North04 Toro 14m. Flexifoil Strike 2 17m massive wind range totally dependable a favourite of mine. Cabrinha Contra 19.5m. Quite a mixture. Boards I currently have a 137 Takoon Vegas 128 Takoon Vegas for stronger wind days. Cabrinha 6’3â€

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:44 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I'd rather spend my time earning money for a Crossbow than reading a review that long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:31 pm 
Rare Poster

who ?

ask any of the uk guys if they know him....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:21 am 
Very Frequent Poster

nice review :thumb:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:25 pm 
Medium Poster

He's a nice enough chap, but bit of a bullshitter about the latest gear or whatever he's selling.

[ 5 posts ]