*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: North Rhino 6 9.0m and 12.0m
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:50 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:10 pm
Posts: 808
Ridden by someone who isnt a complete kook and not affiliated with any company, hence my name, consumer.

The kite is fucking badass, like AWESOME badass. i've ridden a crossbow 12.0 to compare, and lets just say i'll stick with the classic shape for now,

The R6 is like an R5 but with the grunt when you want it, but RANGE as well. what i noticed is that the kite is so SMOOTH, it does EVERYTHING perfect jumping is amazing, and the smooth delivery of power means great for nowhip. The turning speed is not too fast, and what i really liked is the 9.0 m flew almost exactly like the 12.0, it just turned faster. Great for those of you who hate jumping on another size kite to readjust.

I can't stress how good it's manners are. what a gentleman of a kite. But what an amazing performer. You would wonder how a kite could be better than the rhino5 or vegas, but here it is. It's not a tremendous leap forward in raw performance, even though it is pretty damn good of one.
For 2006 I'd say that the most noticable and important change is North has really improved a kites ettiquette. It makes me more in control of whats going on whereas with other kites im a victim of the conditions, e.g. gusty, shifty, shitty wind.

Ken winner definitely knows his shit.

by the way the black/blue/white color combo is absolutely SICK, love it.


{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:11 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 3192
Location: North FAN located in Kure Beach, NC USA
I got the same colors. I agree.

Camera phone photo of mine.

Gusty wind does not exisit with these kites.


Attachments:
89885990_306583794_0.jpg
89885990_306583794_0.jpg [ 104.75 KIB | Viewed 2819 times ]
Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:49 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:03 pm
Posts: 86
What sizes do are you gonna get Dwight?


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:01 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:59 pm
Posts: 13
Location: toulouse
Can you tell more about wind range, particurlarly for the 9. At the moment, I use the R5 9 and I find the top end exceptional (around 40 kt gust for 80 kg).


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: North Rhino 6 9.0m and 12.0m
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:43 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:41 pm
Posts: 274
consumer wrote:
Ridden by someone who isnt a complete kook and not affiliated with any company, hence my name, consumer.

The kite is fucking badass, like AWESOME badass. i've ridden a crossbow 12.0 to compare, and lets just say i'll stick with the classic shape for now,

The R6 is like an R5 but with the grunt when you want it, but RANGE as well. what i noticed is that the kite is so SMOOTH, it does EVERYTHING perfect jumping is amazing, and the smooth delivery of power means great for nowhip. The turning speed is not too fast, and what i really liked is the 9.0 m flew almost exactly like the 12.0, it just turned faster. Great for those of you who hate jumping on another size kite to readjust.

I can't stress how good it's manners are. what a gentleman of a kite. But what an amazing performer. You would wonder how a kite could be better than the rhino5 or vegas, but here it is. It's not a tremendous leap forward in raw performance, even though it is pretty damn good of one.
For 2006 I'd say that the most noticable and important change is North has really improved a kites ettiquette. It makes me more in control of whats going on whereas with other kites im a victim of the conditions, e.g. gusty, shifty, shitty wind.

Ken winner definitely knows his shit.

by the way the black/blue/white color combo is absolutely SICK, love it.


Hey consumer, what were you riding before?

Thanks,
H


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:16 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 3192
Location: North FAN located in Kure Beach, NC USA
Mak_Man wrote:
What sizes do are you gonna get Dwight?


9, 12, 16.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:47 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:21 pm
Posts: 2436
Location: Portugal - Guincho; Rebel2012 5m, 9m & 2011 7m; Amundson 5'9&6'
ced31 wrote:
Can you tell more about wind range, particurlarly for the 9. At the moment, I use the R5 9 and I find the top end exceptional (around 40 kt gust for 80 kg).

40 knots??? your wind is different than ours...

About Rhino05 and Vegas05 grunt, it has as much as i want...

R06 must be really sweet if it is as i am imagining.

See you!


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:24 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:57 pm
Posts: 76
Location: MICHIGAN
how is it upwind, would you recommend it for a beginner?
thanks , that is a badass looking kite, by the way!


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:01 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 3192
Location: North FAN located in Kure Beach, NC USA
evilgun wrote:
how is it upwind, would you recommend it for a beginner?
thanks , that is a badass looking kite, by the way!


It would be politically correct to say the kite is not for beginners. But, the kite is super easy to use and fly, more so than some beginner kites from prior years.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:01 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:42 am
Posts: 1114
Location: To my fan (*)(*)
Any problems with the safty system opening by mistake????? I thought it may open when riding blind or hitting it by mistake...

P


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group