All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Liquid Force vs Slingshot
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:44 pm 
Medium Poster

Very new to this, just wondering. Is there much difference between the two brands. Does one seem to perform better, i'll probably be on around 13 m or so. I can't really find much info on LF's gear, good or bad, so i'm looking for personl experiences.

thanks to all, sorry if this as has been a topic before, i didn't have much time to search.

peace

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:08 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Sorry to see nobody more knowledgeable has responded to your query; I'll give it a go.

I have ridden both brands. The big diff in my mind is the rails: LF are wide and round (modeled after the Jimmy Lewis Customs, I'm told) and the SS boards have really crisp edges.

The sharper the edge, the easier it is to hold in flatter conditions - the problem (potentially) being that in choppy stuff you can no longer hold on while the rounder edges are more forgiving. I prefer the round edges when the wind picks up, and reserve sharp for 18-20m sized kites.

Currently, LF seem to have the sweetest sandle bindings on the planet via their "interface system." Seriously kicks ass. The knock on the boards are that they tend to be on the heavy side (more than SS) but this is because they are absolutely bulletproof.

It's a good question you have - and very different boards and board philosophies. Try both if possible, or consider posting this to the main page if you can't find your answer with the search tool.

Ride on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:37 pm 
Rare Poster

Liquid Force has been making professional wake boards for like 20 yrs. Sling shot...um...when did kiteboarding start? Ya! Slingshots a new co.. Thats what I base my money on, longevity. Weight/shmate, big deal!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:59 am 
Medium Poster

KITES OR BOARDS?

I have a 3 year old 12.5m Liquid Force kite that I bought secondhand.

I learnt on this kite and it is still my only kite, I`ve trashed it so much I can`t believe that it is still in perfectly good condition.

I`ve put in at least 500 hours on it and the guy that had it before me was a pro rider, god knows how many hours he put in on it.

If their curent kites are as good as their old ones- Get one! :D

[ 4 posts ]