GKSonic vs. Rapture2

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
kitesuffer
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitesuffer » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:00 pm

paul s wrote:How's the relaunch of the sonic from le down and towards you - like when you have your kite resting on the beach? I am an expert at getting my Rapture 2 into this position and then have a really hard time relaunching it. It lies so flat on the water the wind just seems to blow right over it. This is especially hard for me to recover from if the wind is a bit light, very hard to get the kite to move away from directly down wind. Thanks - paul
Just asked the same question on another post. No answer here so far?

lesbian horse
Very Frequent Poster

Postby lesbian horse » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:15 pm

110% on sonic if there is 10knots.

Nunob
Frequent Poster

Postby Nunob » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:23 pm

I finally got my RaptureII 9m as son I have wind I'll post a review and I also will post a review of tha sonic 11m and I will compare both cause of the different sizes

Nunob
Frequent Poster

Postby Nunob » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:24 pm

I finally got my RaptureII 9m as son I have wind I'll post a review and I also will post a review of tha sonic 11m and I will NOT compare both cause of the different sizes

enrico666
Medium Poster

Postby enrico666 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:18 am

Noub,

I think the 9 Rapture 2 is very similar to the Sonic 11 IN TERMS OF PROJECTED AREA. (more so than the 12)

Give that the Rap is flatter, and has smaller tips, the projected area is significantly greater than the sonic.

Nunob
Frequent Poster

Postby Nunob » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:03 pm

well I had both last sunday i did put one right in front of the other to see the differences.
I don't know much about projected area In away I'm still a newbie though i do kite for almost 2 years but when i put them together they seemed too be different in size to make an honest comparison.

One thing I can say is the LE of repature2 is flat for shore and the sonic a bit rounded

The cc-bar of the rapture2 although more confuse in the biginning I think is great and very easy to adjust when you get used to it. (no pressure)

The sonic is very simple but i felt more difficult to adjust due to the use of both hands to grap the rope under the bar.

(thats it for now anyway pardon my English is not my first language and I might use rong terms to explain my self.)

windshreder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windshreder » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:36 am

Nunob wrote:well I had both last sunday i did put one right in front of the other to see the differences.
I don't know much about projected area In away I'm still a newbie though i do kite for almost 2 years but when i put them together they seemed too be different in size to make an honest comparison.

One thing I can say is the LE of repature2 is flat for shore and the sonic a bit rounded

The cc-bar of the rapture2 although more confuse in the biginning I think is great and very easy to adjust when you get used to it. (no pressure)

The sonic is very simple but i felt more difficult to adjust due to the use of both hands to grap the rope under the bar.

(thats it for now anyway pardon my English is not my first language and I might use rong terms to explain my self.)
Your english is good and is understood. Your grammer and spelling is the only thing that you might improve.

Thanks for posting in English. :thumb: :thumb:

gonewiththewind
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gonewiththewind » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:21 am

windshreder wrote:Your english is good and is understood. Your grammer and spelling is the only thing that you might improve.
Is this a serious statement? There are at least four problems with those two sentences.

But back to kiteboarding...

Nunob
Frequent Poster

Postby Nunob » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:02 pm

If you could point it out I would appreciate.
I now this isn't a grammer class but it's always good to learn

thanks

Jonny C
Rare Poster

Postby Jonny C » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:59 pm

Nunob wrote:If you could point it out I would appreciate.
I now this isn't a grammer class but it's always good to learn

thanks
mate, that should be "I know this isn't a grammar...."

Return to “Reviews”