All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: INTO THE AIR: A KITEBOARDING EXPERIENCE screening
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:58 am 
Rare Poster

i just watched the long awaited/overdue movie. INTO THE AIR: A KITEBOARDING EXPERIENCE in the Keys at a Special Theater Screening.

It was worth the wait. Finally a film about Kitesurfing and what it is to be hooked on the sport. Definitely a must for anyone interested in or curious about the sport.

Seeing this on a big screen and big sound system was a real thrill. I picked up a flyer afterwards and i see they have the DVD available.

http://www.intotheairmovie.com

Definitely a must see!!!!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Into the Air-Finally a film worth seeing....
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:51 pm 
Rare Poster

Yeah, i agree. I was at the Orlando Premiere during the Surf Expo. I own a small shop down here in SD county, and was really impressed with it. There seemed to be a good mix of the action of the sport and the people who do it.

I'd even say the general public would really dig this film a lot, 'cause it is so well done, and has a mass audience appeal. I know we'll be stocking it as soon as they release it....from what i gathered, it should be the end of the month, but they are selling it online already.

Definitely tell your friends who may not know too much about kiteboarding to check this one out, so they can see what the sport is really like up close and the people involved. Thumbs way up for the first kiteboarding film!

-Wes
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:38 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Have any regular kiteforum folks seen this movie? Worth getting?

Looking for a response other than people pimping it (RickI - good info though) or the two people on this thread who are both first time posters and likely also pimping it. :thumb: Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:39 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

spoke to some of the guys at best who saw the rushes, they rate it a piece of cinematography.

not some hick kite jam film, but something more substantial.

if

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:37 am 
Frequent Poster

Haven't seen the film yet, but if it's anything like the trailer suggests, I'm really looking forward to it. Seems to have a lot more soul than the other kiteboarding videos I've seen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:26 pm 
Rare Poster

Bought this as a present and had to check it out myself before sending off.

It's well shot and not the typical rider line-up which was refreshing. There are so many good riders out there with different styles. It's good to see new twists...

Cool footage of some tropical storms and what happens to kiters who don't get off the water in time. Not living in an area with that kind of weather it was a good reminder to to keep an eye out for squalls at tropical destinations.

I think it's film that a non-kitesurfer can get a taste of the stoke with enough water shots and rider variety to keep the active kiter entertained in the winter months. They put a kite montage on the disk which just has the water footage so if you want to skip the "plot" and go right to the action (Or you want to watch the video again before the wind picks up)

I'm going to buy my own copy. :thumb:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:18 pm 
Rare Poster

I know I don't post much, but just got the vid in the mail and though I would review. There is an obvious Step into Liquid feel to this film, very well filmed with an actual storyline, and the best out there for someone who wants to learn what the sport is all about. Just don’t expect a lot of hardcore moves and big surf. That being said I enjoyed it and would recommend getting it; non-kite boarding friends will actually sit through the whole thing.

J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:45 am 
Frequent Poster

Finally saw the film. Beautifully shot and edited. Not like any other kite video I've seen. This is a high quality documentary. Real characters and kiteboarding lifestyle. Great to get you stoked while waiting for the wind.

[ 8 posts ]