All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: X-Shooter 128 - 2006
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:36 pm 
Medium Poster

Hi Folks.

Here are my first impressions on my new X-Shooter 128 which arrived yesterday.

The finish and workmanship on the board is top notch. I had originally ordered the XMS off the website. The board took forever to arrive and Toby told me that they were making changes for the 2006 model and that I should hang on, so the board looks very different to the pictures. It no longer has the intricateflex areas of the XMS but more regular flex tip pattern (Jaime pro). I will post pictures when I get home tonight as I can't do it at work.

I had my first session on the board this morning in very gusty winds (12-20 knots) on my 19.5m Contra. My first though was: "hell this thing is fast" and it took one or two runs to get the feel for the speed. The board can also be edged aggressively and I managed to hold 20 knots on the big kite quite easily. These observations are based on my limited experience on my 2004 Litewave 136 which I loved. The board did throw up a bit of spray but not right into my face so not a problem. Obviously at this point I cannot comment on durability but the board looks well built and the reputation is good.

I will get a better feel for the board when we get more consistant wind and I can fly it on smaller faster kites.

Cheers
Ryan

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:18 pm 
Medium Poster

X-Shooter 126 - 2006 pics

Attachments:
Board 004.jpg
Board 004.jpg [ 25.49 KIB | Viewed 819 times ]
Board 003.jpg
Board 003.jpg [ 23.46 KIB | Viewed 819 times ]
Board 001.jpg
Board 001.jpg [ 26.47 KIB | Viewed 819 times ]
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:22 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I'm currently testing it too.

I agree to the above, also it has less spray in yoru face than all former models.

I could test speed yesterday at very flat water in the Taiba Lagoon, Brazil. It was so much fun! But my former XXX is also very fast, so nothing new here.

What impresses me the most is riding switch, I never rode switch that easy before.

Ryan, test it and see if you feel a difference to your other boards.

Greets
Toby

[ 3 posts ]