Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

SONIC 11M REVIEW

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
enrico666
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby enrico666 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:55 am

mark van haze wrote:...again, so im now on 5,5psi. However, at this pressure, the kite sometimes bends in the middle...
I also saw some bending of the LE, with low pressure or high wind. Sean, you are saying that the knot is sufficient to prevent this?

Usually pumping the LE really hard prevents bending, but that inevitably makes the LE more prone to breaking/tearing (which in fact did happen to the test kite I used).

Dr.Gonzo
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:28 pm

enrico666 wrote:
mark van haze wrote:...again, so im now on 5,5psi. However, at this pressure, the kite sometimes bends in the middle...
I also saw some bending of the LE, with low pressure or high wind. Sean, you are saying that the knot is sufficient to prevent this?
I'm saying that in the sessions since I applied the knot to my 11m bridle I have not had the kite do anything funky at all and it just seems more solid and smooth all round in gusty wind.

If you think about the way the KPO works it makes sense.

aeberl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby aeberl » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:27 pm

I am in need of a new kite in the 10 to 13m range and have been trying to find out all about every option there is on the market. Personally I have tried the Rapture II and am convinced that my future kite will be of the "bow type". Have also narrowed it down to either the WW Rap.II or a GK Sonic (which I have not tried yet, but all others are offering those spagetti bar/line setup, I like simplicity), mut however state thet besides the interesting reviews on the Sonic, GK sales/distribution tactics suck!!!
I live in South America (west coast) where nobody even knows that brand, the closest GK retailer is in the US and it seems that for them, selling GK Sonics is somewhere on the last page of their priorities list.

mark van haze
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby mark van haze » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:30 am

ok i put the knots as instructed and yes it works. The kite doesnt cave in anymore even with the leading edge pumped to only 5.5psi.
However theres bad news:
If you got a sonic from the first batch, check that you got re-enforcements on the wingtips where the bridle connects to the frontline connection points. If not, you will have worn out spots like me - see the pictures.
I recommend you also change the knot position in order to avoid the point of wear entirely.
The silver tape is only a temporary fix - now im losing 1 or 2 days in paradise to get it fixed properly. Thats the bad thing if you only got one kite.....
Attachments
051128_212035.jpg
051128_212035.jpg (76.3 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
051128_212052.jpg
051128_212052.jpg (71.69 KiB) Viewed 1652 times

Return to “Reviews”