Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

WAROO VS SWITCH BLADE TEST: Today in Brasil!

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
kitehigh911
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

best

Postby kitehigh911 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:43 pm

I HATE BEST!!!! THEY BREAK SO MUCH!!!!

kiteboard9097
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Jupiter, FL
Gear: CABRINHA

Postby kiteboard9097 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:45 pm

I AGREE AND THE NAMES ARE GAY TOO

Dookz
Medium Poster

Postby Dookz » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:10 pm

hahahaha.. oh god
Call the forum police, this is a serious emergency.
First it was BEST, now its the BEST-haters doing similar dodgy things back.

Ok, here's were we stand.
Surferazul may/may not be a best worker.
Surferazul may/may not be deliberately pimping BEST.
BEST's kite may/may not rip up and blow to pieces.

But one thing thats definately set in stone--
Waroo is the all-time gayest name.

and maybe even...
BEST's marketing tactics and company practices are definately unorthodox, sometimes to the point of even appearing scam-like. I mean, even the name screams 'dodgy' - "Best".. why not call ur company "EverythingElseObsolete".. but i don't want to go down this track.

There is a reason that BEST is hated with such passion, not merely the result of groundless accusation.

None the less, it's not like you can hate a company's mistake forever just because of some of it's downfalls, and as good human beings they deserve another chance, as is happening with these Yarga Pro's, and Wallaballaroo's, but let's just hope we don't see a repeat of what they previously did.

All these accusations are the product of suspecting another smellfish scandal. The signs are appearing... First it is the suspicious reviews that reign the kite supreme, then it is the flooding of advertisements on a public forum which had almost no trace of BEST influence since the hellfish blew up, next thing we know there will be massive double page adds in the kite magazines describing the wallaballaroo as god's choice.

Whatever the company chooses to do, they should proceed cautiously, because, at least for the time being, they are definately under the eye of the customers. Little things like advertising their kites as being 1/3 the price of other brands, only forgetting to add they don't include bar&lines in the same price.

Tactics that worked in the past won't work again untill the BEST-hating cloud dims down. Personally i think BEST should cease with all the nonsense and profit-hungry attitude (i'm not simply referring to this surferazul post, as it maynot actualy be a BEST influenced post) and adapt a quality kite company style. Focus on building the best kites you can, upping the prices accordingly (not too much) and let the kite do the talking. Ie. Slingshot, Naish, North, Cabrinha, all those big name companies, just slightly cheaper, and you'll still have the marketing edge, as long as the consumer trusts the quality of BEST.

Then again, my opinion doesn't count for much, but at least it's off my head.

Toodles :bye:

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:59 pm

guys the full pages for the waroo will be up on the site soon.

someone hit the show product button before time, so a description is up there for now, but it's definately not there for pre-billing cards, and that will become apparent very soon when the full page lands...with no pre-charging of cards until the kites are ready to ship to customers.

chnages take time we are rolling them out and responsding to criticsim, if you've anything constructive, keep it coming, i'm listening

Dax
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dax » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:21 pm

Dookz wrote:Tactics that worked in the past won't work again untill the BEST-hating cloud dims down.
You must be new here, Best bashing is a favorite pastime of this forum. (Its been going on not since Best was announced, but rather since Best's low priced direct model approach was... interesting.)

I've never gotten why people don't like it when brand owners would get on the forums and speak their mind, even if it was bias. I'd love to see Pete Cabrinha, or Robby Naish get on here and talk about their new kites.

Instead they leave it up to their network of distributors and dealers to pimp it, and usually (er, almost always) those guys don't come right out and say who they are, so you may think you are getting un-bias info when really your not.

The Best guys are just easier to spot because there are fewer of them and they got logos in their avatars.

Anyway, don't let me interrupt the hate, please continue. :thumb:

STF
Very Frequent Poster

Postby STF » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:13 pm

HAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kitehigh911 and Kiteboad9097,

You fucking Ponies! Nice Try douch bags go back to the office at Cabrinha!

Fucking losers

:bye:

kitehigh911
Medium Poster

dont be hatin

Postby kitehigh911 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:10 am

dont be hatin. chill out. Go kite some lakes.

The Right Stuff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: kites and boards

Postby The Right Stuff » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:18 am

Dookz wrote: adapt a quality kite company style. Focus on building the best kites you can, upping the prices accordingly (not too much) and let the kite do the talking. Ie. Slingshot, Naish, North, Cabrinha, all those big name
Dookz:

Just to be sure - did you just suggest that Best up their prices?

I think you're saying that you would like more quality in the kites, and that the consumer would pay for it - like they/we do for the other brands. Of all the stuff we've heard from Best, I've never heard them challenge other brands for durability (guess they had their own problems here, of course). Their kites are less expensive and seem to be built on the principle of being "good enough" to stand up to most riding for the expected lifespan of the kite.

The other things that confuses the issue is that you need to add in the price of a bar and lines before deciding how much you're truly saving. That gets missed a bunch - although was the focus of about 9000 posts when I first joined the forum.

Anyway - let's not be too, uh,.. demanding that companies charge more money. Please.

Dookz
Medium Poster

Postby Dookz » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:19 am

Lol! yes, i wasn't demanding however, i was giving them an honest take on how they should manage their company for their own damn benefit.
But yeah, ass odd as it sounds, upping prices (just a little) would probably be slightly beneficial, although i can't see how they'd do that, as they'd probably be uber-flamed. I guess they just dug themselves a big hole, but it's the marketing guys like SQ who have to fix their image now.

Then again, as consumers, less price = better. But less price also suggest less quality. Find the balance and ur kickin

Dookz
Medium Poster

Postby Dookz » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:24 am

Or just scrap that idea altoghether and sell kites for $100 a piece, and i'll be so surprised if i'll ever see another brand at my local beach. haha..

SS, North, Naish, and especialy Cabrinha, all realy have to lower their prices a bit.. as it's been expressed, 2 grand for a complete kite setup is a killer...

To this day i'm yet to find a company that combines the best of both worlds, maybe Liquid Force? I'm not too sure what prices they've got on them, but id doubt it'd be as high as Cabrinha.

Ciao

Return to “Reviews”