All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:20 pm 
Rare Poster

i wouldnt actually buy anything but best because of price and i have an 04 yarga 9m what a kite. i learnt with it so crashed it a lot and no rips or leaking bladders it is perfect. i also have a naish arx and if you stress the bladder in any way the kite just falls. out of the sky ready for repairyet again. i have come across one rip in a best kite and this was because a learner left his board with the sharp fins on the kite. all i can say to best is keep the yarga coming at low prices please dont go for best kite in the world tactics.. :thumb: lookin forward to seein the waroo tho as it looks like good value
kiteboard9097 Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:45 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AGREE AND THE NAMES ARE GAY TOO

kitehigh911 Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:43 pm Post subject: best

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I HATE BEST!!!! THEY BREAK SO MUCH!!!!

the names are cool and i really dont see what makes them gay . they dont break easily any kite will break eventually. ever thought that people using best kites are just starting kiteboarding compared to people usin other kites who have been there since the start. so maybe more of them break because more people are learning on them. think about it. :thumb:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:41 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

jimbob i wouldn't compare anything th the ARX as its a really old kite that turms like an old double decker bus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:50 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

ah arx, my old dealer sold me two of them....

upping the price of the kites wouldn't make them any better.

example: the cloth we use on the end of the struts, the plain looking black stuff, it's cheaper than the lighter weight kevlar threaded cloth other brands use, but it's more durable. what's the point in changing just to charge more.

we could use dark thread and dark cloth to make the stitching less visible, but it wouldn't affect the performance one bit and it would up the price.

we could use lighter, more expensive and more difficult to mnaufacture bladder material, but you guys don't realy want that, do you.

there's little we can do to improve on the durability of the kites, bar the hellfish, durability has never been an issue with the Best kites. you might hear some new posters making claims about it, but the truth is quite different, ask the guys who buy them..

better still, ask the guys who repair kites for a living....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:03 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Quote:
better still, ask the guys who repair kites for a living....

Wakeboy did that on kiteboarder and got the shit kicked out of himself.....the guy has a masochistic streak methinks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:08 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

It always amazes me that people still try to bag on Best for using cheaper materials and cheaper construction... We don't. The only reason our kites cost less to produce compared to some brands is volume; we order & sell more so we get better prices.

I just saw 2 new 06 kites from 2 other major brands and I was amazed that they are actually using a rip-stop that is not Tejin, they are using this stuff out of Taiwan that Gaastra used 2 years ago when all their kites jellyfished. The stuff looks like it has a different coating now, and I'm sure it will be fine, but we tried it and didn't like it although it was considerabley cheaper than Tejin rip-stop; like $2 per running yard compared to $4 per running yard. (For those of you in Brazil this year, we used this material in the "grey" prototypes and most of them ripped down the canopy near the center strut when crashed hard a few times).

Note, you can tell the difference between Tejin (basically what every brand uses) and this other stuff from Taiwan by the size of the "squares". Tejin has bigger squares and the cheaper stuff has smaller "squares")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:55 pm 
Rare Poster

kite dude i know but have not had another experience with bursting kites that compares to the arx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:37 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

BigR wrote:
FOXI,

You've completely missed the point!

The Best marketing/ sales blitz is to pre-sell the Waroo out the wazoo before their pre-production models hit the water!
They must also set up incessant web campaigns claiming superiority over ALL other kite models first!
Then they can ship the pre-pros to select people to show how the kite jumps to the moon with the slightest thought from the rider in 5 knots!
Finally, they can release the production version once they have taken in enough money to finance the manufacture ( minus one rogue seamstress )!
P.S. After that they work the final bugs out!

Yea ok... as usual... you are simply absent of a point...

Perhaps you can find a little time between your usual dim witted best bashing to figure out the bugs on xbow for us... like inversion... durability... missing safety leash that is backordered... and how to do a self rescue... seems your points have been quite absent on these topics... or is it you are trying really hard to avoid the points with your usual loud mispointing and silence.

There's a lot of good questions on xbow that could use a little of your Cab loving attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:52 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

foxi you might also want to take the time to check your facts, best aren't charging anyone until the kites ship to the customer.

so no one but Best is paying for production.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:08 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Dookz wrote:
Or
just scrap that idea altoghether and sell kites for $100 a piece, and
i'll be so surprised if i'll ever see another brand at my local beach.
haha..
SS, North, Naish, and especialy Cabrinha, all realy have to lower their
prices a bit.. as it's been expressed, 2 grand for a complete kite
setup is a killer...
To this day i'm yet to find a company that combines the best of both
worlds, maybe Liquid Force? I'm not too sure what prices they've got on
them, but id doubt it'd be as high as Cabrinha.
Ciao

no, best are increasing there prices to match the other brands.

a best waroo complete is $100 more expensive than a sonic where I live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:01 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

what is the bar like for the Waroo? can you post a picture?

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next