A great day on the Outrage 8m

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
smetzger
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

A great day on the Outrage 8m

Postby smetzger » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:42 am

I didn't see any reviews on the Outrage 8 and I finally had a solid high wind day here Central California yesterday with this kite. I started out the day on the lower end of the wind range (20mph) on the full power knot of the pigtails. In the upper end (over 30mph) I went for the highest knot setting and was powered just right. The Outrage 8 has a comparable range of a high aspect kite.

At each power tuning the kite is nice and stable. One-handed jumps with a 45cm bar are no problem as long as you keep you hand in the very middle of the bar the kite will stay parked for the jump.

The jumps are spectacular in a consistent breeze and very good in heavy gusting conditions. My all-time altitude records are on the 12m Outrage but the 8m is not slouch and has the stability to give you the confidence to go big even in 35+mph. For those of you into loops the 8m gives a nice downloop (I haven't tried the other direction yet) with a nice even pull and path throughout the loop. You can get a nice small radius out of the 8m if you really crank it.

Turning speed is a good balance of quick turns without being too fast and giving you unintended kite loops. I had a great time wave riding with the 8m Outrage. It parks low well while you're surfing and is ready to pour on the power to get you out of a double overhead close-out. The jump-start lines are great for getting the kite out of pounding surf. The small 8m pops right up with a quick yank on the back lines.

A great kite on the Keep It Simple theme with quality materials and craftsmanship. For me any kite under 9m has be be easy enough to fly at the top end to be comfortable doing tricks and not just "survival kiteing".

Enjoy the pics, thanks to Kinsley Wong for taking the shots.

pablitotff
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby pablitotff » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:12 pm

Just out of curiousity, where exactly are you kiting? It looks awesome.

smetzger
Rare Poster

Postby smetzger » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:56 am

pablitotff wrote:Just out of curiousity, where exactly are you kiting? It looks awesome.
Guadalupe California USA

Return to “Reviews”